350z Key edit

richparks

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if any of you have done anything to your key.

I know a lot of you would think this should be the least of my worries, but honestly that key is the ugliest damn thing ive ever seen, its not even a standard ugly key. It's something out of the 60's.

I've seen a few things around the internet but not sure if anyone has done a guide. I am not the most gifted technician but a quick learner. So either a guide of anyone that has done it or anyone that could do it for a fee.

Cheers

Thanks for the link, yep I remember well my confusion when mine all pinged apart as I disassembled it to get the blade cut!

To the OP, since I did it I have never had a single problem with the unit.

I also bought two teeny weeny Nissan burger badges (they came as a pair) from eBay, to fit in the recess in the fob case.

David.

• Like 1

Thanks for the link, yep I remember well my confusion when mine all pinged apart as I disassembled it to get the blade cut!

To the OP, since I did it I have never had a single problem with the unit.

I also bought two teeny weeny Nissan burger badges (they came as a pair) from eBay, to fit in the recess in the fob case.

David.

That's cool. B)

This will be on my "last things to mod list", ...after I've finished with the performance side of things. ;)

I've tried the search function, it constantly finds 100's of topic's not relevant. I've also searched and found things on other z forums but I was looking to speak with someone who has actually done it or an up to date guide.

If you're not getting much luck on the forum search, you can focus the might of every single google server and their search beam directly on to the forum by prefixing your google search with "site:350z-uk.com"

e.g. enter into google search box

site:350z-uk.com key fob mod

I find this delivers more relevant search results.

• Like 1