Changing LED's

Dreamer

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can go to get my LED's changed for pretty much everything.

I found this legend but he's in America it seems.

I pretty much want to do that, as it looks great. Really want the colour changing shift light needle like that. I was also looking for the Nisimo face he uses on Black cat but couldn't find it. Is there any other reliable sources to buy those?

It would be great if anyone could point me in the right direction. I live near London.

I am currently in the process of doing this with my zed, I am just waiting to receive a set of new gauges from Black Cat Customs in the states.

If you check out my build thread you should see some parts on their.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/86080-350z-roadster-sc-build/#entry1289995

If you need any advice I will be more than happy to help. Where are you based? (London)

Edited by Mike_89

Thanks for all the links,

I messaged him last night and they do provide pre-made clusters sets that you can plug & play.

I didn't want to take mine out and ship it out for him to modify so this sounds cool. Will see how much the costs will be and let you guys know. Dunno if I'll attempt to install myself, so probably see if I can get fitting done so I can watch and learn.

I plan to have something similar but try to avoid turning my Zed into a Christmas tree. One thing actually I was trying to look Into, white the white LEDs and shift changing light needle, is this totally legal or should I definitely be careful not making it too bright?

I read no blue lights or flashing that could distract drivers is allowed but is that more for the outside ?

And yep based in London, well Kingston.

I messaged him last night and they do provide pre-made clusters sets that you can plug & play.

I didn't want to take mine out and ship it out for him to modify so this sounds cool. Will see how much the costs will be and let you guys know. Dunno if I'll attempt to install myself, so probably see if I can get fitting done so I can watch and learn.

I plan to have something similar but try to avoid turning my Zed into a Christmas tree. One thing actually I was trying to look Into, white the white LEDs and shift changing light needle, is this totally legal or should I definitely be careful not making it too bright?

I read no blue lights or flashing that could distract drivers is allowed but is that more for the outside ?

Just a thought, i know its a little more expense initially but why not contact Zmanalex and see if he has a pre-owned clusters that you could buy off him and send off to the guy in the states, upside is no inconvenience going without the car with having to strip your own out to send off, plus you get a discount from the guy in America, then when your new cluster is fitted sell your old one on ebay or something.

Edited by Martinjj

If you was a little more local I could lend you a hand in doing the conversion.

Edit: I don't think that it is as straight forward as ordering from the states, as I believe that they are calibrated differently i.e. speedo 160 mph US and 180 mph UK. This could cause you a little problem, you'd have to have it recalibrated. Either go with ordering a replacement and having this done, or try tackling yourself. I have a guide available if you PM me your email (the guide is from a guy in the US, Eric).

You will need to order a new set of gauge faces from Black Cat Customs, they have UK spec available. You will also need a number of LEDs which are mentioned in the guide.

Edited by Mike_89

Check out a guy called Mr Patchbay on YouTube, this guy does some really crazy stuff with dash light LED's including dash lights that change colour with a remote from red to blue to green to white etc and I think he ships overseas (he's based in the US). Check him out this guy is a clever dude. He has an email address, I just don't have it on hand. All the work I've seen him do is on 350Z's (he runs one himself.)

Check out a guy called Mr Patchbay on YouTube, this guy does some really crazy stuff with dash light LED's including dash lights that change colour with a remote from red to blue to green to white etc and I think he ships overseas (he's based in the US). Check him out this guy is a clever dude. He has an email address, I just don't have it on hand. All the work I've seen him do is on 350Z's (he runs one himself.)

www.gaugecraft.com

• Like 1