All bets are now off!

nixy

Remember a while ago when we were talking about how long it would take before I got pulled for my number plate? Well yep you guessed it - it happened last night on the way home.

going through a tiny village there was the very rare sight of a traffic car in a side street doing speed checks. Sure enough he pulled out and came after me with his blue lights on. No fine but i've got a vehicle defect notice so have 2 weeks to present car at MOT station.

The policeman spent the next 15 minutes or so telling me how he was part of an elite police club called the black rats and he has a number plate that his wife bought for him with a rats head picture on it and a logo on the bottom saying "I feel the need the need for speed"!!!! But of course he can't use it because he would be a hypocrite. I think basically he was a bit bored sat there until I went past! Not sure what to do now. Hubbie says get it sorted then change it straight back but I'm a bit soft to do anything like that.........

Not sure what to do now. Hubbie says get it sorted then change it straight back but I'm a bit soft to do anything like that.........

Get normal plates made, take it to the mot station to get your pass, put the old plates back on then drive to the police station with your pass notice and hand it in. Now that would be class! :thumbs:

Ahh right, I can see with all the shootings, stabbings, triple murders, prison riots and antisocial behavior, the law still manages to get the priorities just right!

You were lucky to escape the £30 fine though, but having said that its probably more costly having to make the time to visit an MOT station, and I suspect the MOT station wont check it for free will they...

Ive changed mine for legal font but just misspaced enough for it to read how I want it to read, that little bit of alteration makes it look 99% perfectly legal but for some reason it just reads the way I want it too. Had police cars behind me since and they havent bothered pulling me, so I suspect Ive got it about right.

I wish I could be that brazen! What I could do with knowing is whether it is logged anywhere. I have to send the ticket off to the vehicle defect administrator at humberside police but if say I got pulled again and played dumb would they know they'd already told me once?

It was quite funny really - I said my husband got me them as a gift and I made him show me on each plate how it should be while I stood looking confused. :lol: If it's not logged anywhere I could do the same next time. What really annoyed me was that I could tell everyone who drove past thought I'd been speeding just because of my car and also someone I know for a fact is banned for drink driving drove past while I was stood there! He would have caught him with his number plate recognition camera if he'd let me go! (I am of course not condoning any of the above)

On an on/off topic subject here about police having nothing better to do.

On my way home from the airport last night I came round a corner and saw an over turned car (this was rush hour cutting through a forest) the car in front and myself stopped, we got the ladie out and gave her a jacket and sat her in another car. I called the emergency services and an ambulance arrived 20 mins later and the police.... 40 mins! They were clueless when they arrived, me and another guy told them where to position their car etc.

yet they were too busy pulling Nixy for an illeagal numberplate and speaking about their stupid f*cking club! :rant:

I had a rather angry spat with a traffic cop a couple of years ago over my dodgy plate, correct font (Charles Wright) and size...iffy spacing. He was that angry he put my number on their wanted system, he loved to inform me I would be stopped by any Police car with the plate recognition equipment. Over the next 12 months it happend 4 times aghh.

I had already made a legal set and another that I fitted that wasn't quite...but nearly - been ok touch wood!!.

If you don't know the MOT guy he will charge you to sign his name and you will need to go with legal plates of course - I was told at the time by the plod if you get caught a second time with an iffy plate you lose the registration. They also warn you if you buy a plate from the DLVA when you call to pay .... ummmm

Ahh well, you knew fair well that it was illegal when you put it on so you cant really complain, lol. ;)

However i think they would log it somewhere and if they do catch up again they can fine you and seize your car as it is deemed to be unroadworthy, just be careful

sorry Nixy but it wasn't like you hadn't been warned.

It's already been said that they are on the attack with APR and terrorist actions. I would rather help the police do there job than hinder when it comes to making this country that bit safer.

Makes me sick when I had my old plate T3XT J should of been T3 XTJ I got stopped by traffic police for routine check, I didnt even have the numberplate on the front of the car :scare: But they were fine with it and let me go :wacko:

Guess it depends how they feel on the day. You are right though there are more important things they should be doing like tracking down murders etc, but they dont make more money, where as fining people for numberplates or speeding, they get more commision so that becomes a priority, makes me sick :rant:

Then why dont the authorities do something about the DVLA putting higher prices on plates that can spell various words/names when mis spaced.

The DVLA are encouraging these plates to be mis spaced by the high prices they put on them. Yet that seems perfectly legal....

So you pay the money for the plate, do exactly what the dvla know that you will do with the plate and have it made to read your name, and then you get fined for it.

It could almost be seen as the DVLA working in cahoots with the police in order to generate revenue...

Then why dont the authorities do something about the DVLA putting higher prices on plates that can spell various words/names when mis spaced.

The DVLA are encouraging these plates to be mis spaced by the high prices they put on them. Yet that seems perfectly legal....

So you pay the money for the plate, do exactly what the dvla know that you will do with the plate and have it made to read your name, and then you get fined for it.

It could almost be seen as the DVLA working in cahoots with the police in order to generate revenue...

Owners of cars parked at Coney without plates should be flogged!!

Look familiar ? B)

Would agree with you but the thought of two government departments actually working together is laughable. Its interesting that on the DVLA sight you put in your keywords and they come up with an appropriate number. Definately dodgy

Guest prescience
I have a plate with wrong font and a space missing. If I have it on and ever get pulled I'll ask if its so bad how come their camera van managed to send me a ticket?

That will certainly ensure you get another :p