speed

xStric9x

If you are being followed by what you think is the bill on a bypass in a unmarked car, do they have to pull you over and issue you with a ticket for a really excessive speed?

Bearing in mind i could'nt even see his lights at one point he was that close up my ar$e.

Oh and it was an audi a4(s reg)!!

not quite sure what you mean by do they have to pull you? I would have thought it was entirely up to them what they do. Or are you saying you think it was a police car but may not have been? in which case it was probably just someone trying to keep up with you - happens all the time and it's usually the crappier cars!

Thought part of the fun of it from their point of view was the Q/A bit. Wouldnt think they would pass you by unless they were in a hurry, in which case you would have known about it.

The old "some idiot in an Audi was too close so I was trying to get out of the way" line has its merits.

This unmarked car thing is getting really stupid. :rant:

If you are being followed by what you think is the bill on a bypass in a unmarked car, do they have to pull you over and issue you with a ticket for a really excessive speed?

Bearing in mind i could'nt even see his lights at one point he was that close up my ar$e.

Unmarked must pull you, the only way of detecting your speed if from time and distance (over a 1/4 mile stretch I believe) linked to on board video for their own proof, they always do this from a safe distance behind btw.

The guy up your ass was just 'having a go'!

Unmarked must pull you, the only way of detecting your speed if from time and distance (over a 1/4 mile stretch I believe) linked to on board video for their own proof, they always do this from a safe distance behind btw.

The guy up your ass was just 'having a go'!

I would have liked to have known what model it was as it wasn't the quickest. May have been a 1.9 tdi :yuck:

I remember being out with my wife for a quiet drive in Wales and I had some GM sporty thing right behind me........

;)

Quiet until somebody in a red car decided to have a hoot :teeth:

oh and it may have been a quiet drive for you but rest assured for us at the rear it was a different story. :scare::p

I promise to go to the back for the lakes meet, Max can lead but then he has one too. B)

Fortunately ( getting back on topic) we seem to still be with the 2 yr old Volvos etc where we are but no doubt it will come. I wouldnt mind so much if the presence of these cars reduced the amount of stupid driving on the roads, I have never seen cars being pulled for other things such as 65 in the middle lane on a clear road etc.Maybe if they had a broader approach and targetted other things than speeding then they would have more sympathy.

Don't worry:

(1) You can have different opinions on traffic police but one thing they without a doubt are is good drivers - no way would they be up your backside.

(2) They would have pulled you there & then.

(3) They'd be in something newer than an S plate.

:thumbs:

I had an umarked almost push me down the road in my modded Volvo. In the end I had no choice but to speed up to 50 in a 40 and then drop back. He pulled me over and showed me the video, and I explained to him how he was so close I felt it was dangerous and tried to keep a gap. I got nothing, and then he pulled me over another two times in the following three days..... No ticket though.

Back in 91 I was driving late at night in Dorset when a big salloon car just kept there in my blind spot sat in the fast lane, no other cars around, so in the end I said sod it, floored it to get away from the prat.

Bit surprised when suddenly he put on blue lights.

He was in an unmarked 7 series BMW, so I explained that I thought someone was trying to either follow me or just s**t me up.

Bearing in mind I was on my way to an Army camp, and the first Gulf war was ramping up, he let me off.

So they may be good drivers, but they are very aggressive!!

i thought police had to be in uniform to pull you for a traffic offence? Otherwise anyone could pull you over, similar to non permanent (roadworks) traffic lights where you don't have to stop.

edit: Sorry i didnt realise you meant the car. I guess they would have to pull you over to slap you with a fine or whatever.

(3) They'd be in something newer than an S plate.

:thumbs:

Incorrect. Mrs Sarnie reguarly drives cars that are more than 10 yrs old :)

Really? I always thought it was about 5-6yrs max, maybe that's just traffic then or maybe I'm totally wrong.

Don't be too sure. Apparently Thames Valley police had a modded Astra for a while to attract racers! :wacko::surrender:

Yep, there is a big race scene not too far from me, and the local rozza's go up there in some shitty cars, goad people into a race and then put the blue lights on :surrender: Entrapment anyone? :surrender:

Don't be too sure. Apparently Thames Valley police had a modded Astra for a while to attract racers! :wacko::surrender:

Yep, there is a big race scene not too far from me, and the local rozza's go up there in some shitty cars, goad people into a race and then put the blue lights on :surrender: Entrapment anyone? :surrender:

That's bang out of order! :rant:

Instead of trying to entice people to break the law, perhaps they could be stopping kids jumping on cars.... :dry: