Bonnet heat sheild

Barnaby01

Hi,

I have just bought my first z and there is some heat damage to the bonnet, you can see it has no protection or sound proofing etc but there are clips there to hold some in, anyone know anywhere I can get some. Car is booked in for a re-spray but obviously don't want it to happen again :)

On the same note, can anyone recommend a clear wrap to use afterwards for the Bumper as we live in a rural area and need all the protection we can get.

Many thanks in advance.

Karen

Hi Karen, I've never seen a heat sheild fitted to the underside of a 350Z bonnet, or indeed the fixings for one. The fact that your bonnet appears to have been damaged by heat, doesn't sound good :scare:

Have you got any pics of the bonnet or fixings you mention? :shrug:

Looks like its just dodgy paint, got a second opinion from someone who has one, plus spoke to the old owner who had it for 5 years and he said it just faded over the time he had it. We had it on the ramps, been right through it, its had a full service etc and it looks fine.

Just faded? ...sounds like it wasnt being taken care of maybe? If I saw my paint 'withering' Id be polishing it or trying to get it restored with a detail. Btw what colour is it?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I know Nissan paint isn't the best or thickest, but I'd be really interested to see some photos of your issue if you've got them?

Just to satisfy my own curiosity! :teeth:

Tis black as per my pic and to be fair it hasn't, when we serviced it the plugs didn't look like they had been out for years etc. we did give it a good clean and polish last weekend but there is some other damage (not related) as well so may as well get it all re sprayed together, plus needs new tyres.

Loving the drive to work now, as all bendy lanes :)