Y pipe suggestions under £200 needed urgently!

addisj

Hi all,

I just had a call from my mechanic telling me my existing Y pipe is rusted to hell. He suggests replacing it asap. (Currently having an aftermarket mid pipe and back box fitted). Car is currently up on the ramps.

I Don't have the money for a stillen and he doesnt recommend a non flexi pipe due to the stress on the fixtures of the whole system.

I also don't want to spend over £200 on a y pipe!

Im not too bothered abt the flexis leaking further down the line, I can always cut them out and replace when needed.

Is the Japspeed any good (fitting, gains and sound wise)? I need to order one today.

thanks

the problem is fitting it back on. The whole system is off at the moment. It will take longer to refit it due to the rust.

I might leave it up to them and Abbey to choose tbh, I just want her back ASAP.

I'm about to buy a Scorpion backbox/mid pipe and Cobra Y-pipe and get it fitted next week. Not ideal having to spend so much on a Y-pipe I agree but should be a decent item and it'll last lol Hope it goes well for you!

I'm about to buy a Scorpion backbox/mid pipe and Cobra Y-pipe and get it fitted next week. Not ideal having to spend so much on a Y-pipe I agree but should be a decent item and it'll last lol Hope it goes well for you!

Yes your right, seeing as the HFC's and exhaust are decent it would have been a shame to get a budget Y pipe. Feeling a bit sick due to the total cost though!

thanks and good luck with yours too :)

Where did you go? Also, ask for the y-pipe back so you can inspect it yourself.

Yeah deffo do this ^ had a friend of mine get a full exhaust but wanted to keep the cat on the car, sneaky garage told him it was done, few days later when we were working under the car noticed there was no cat, went back and they had scrapped it to make an extra few quid lol.

Well this month I bought 4 brand new Falken 453s, major service with plugs next friday and also going to have the scorpion and Cobra fitted at the same time. So I feel your pain with the cost :( least i wont have to deal with the exhaust ever again lol

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

thanks for the links guys, I needed it urgently as my car is with them now so I have gone with the Cobra. As for the rusty one thats on there now, its the original one that came with the car and I believe them when they say its a state. I do trust these guys, friends of friends and I have been using them for a long time.

Thanks for the concern though, appreciated.

AMT your right, it is a piece of mind! I plan to have my Zed for a while..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...