Cigarette lighter socket

pcw1982

Hello all,

Neither of my cigarette lighters work so I thought I will replace them, presumably easy enough.

Does anyone know if they are special or would any old socket do?

If anyone one is selling them or knows where to get them from please let me know.

Thanks!

Pete

Hey Pete, If you check out the 350Z parts for sale near the top of the page there's a guy A9H-RX, who is breaking a 350Z, he has loads of parts for sale, cigarette lighters aren't mentioned but it may be worth asking! Otherwise ask ZMANALEX.

Edited by samsniss350z

For some reason I had no notifications that anyone had posted so sorry for delay.

Been looking at it just now and the one in the passenger footwell works, sure it didn't before!

Other one still no good, got a generic part from local shop for £4 hopefully that'll do the trick, if not will try your suggestions.

Thanks all

Ok so looked at this yesterday, fuse was the obvious solution, changed that and it fixed the one in the foot well but not the other one.

So pulled the whole thing out (which was a complete nightmare! wouldnt come out so ended up taking the bose sub out so I could push it through fom behind) and I found the problem. The previous owner had installed a Smart Tire system and spliced the power into the cigarette lighter, no problem with that but he then put the wires back the wrong way round :rant:

It gave power to the smart tire system but the power socket did not work. Put it right and now both work, but seeing as I only have one tire sensor left pulled the tire system out anyway.

Only had the 6 years, could have checked that sooner!