Vertu phone

Zedrush

yeh I got the price at the store today, but will take 3 months to get the exact one I want and personalised so am getting it for my xmas present, they said first year is free then after that its 600 a year but not sure how exactly it works

Lol I just really like the look of it, I dont wear jewelry never have, so instead she got me this and am getting it personalised so will be ready in time for christmas. Plus goes with the car with the carbon and black, you only live once so might as well :thumbs:

Just want to know exactly how consierge button works the guy said that you can get bookings in most places or tickets at sold out event plus much much more. Just want to know what the much more entails as he didnt go into detail about it, and the website doesnt go into detail either :wacko:

The one Im getting is the revised ascent version, it has bluetooth and faster software, so hopefully the pitfulls in the review can be changed for the better :thumbs:

yeh I got the price at the store today, but will take 3 months to get the exact one I want and personalised so am getting it for my xmas present, they said first year is free then after that its 600 a year but not sure how exactly it works

£600 a year for what? Line rental? Do you buy the phone only or do vertu have their own network?

No its just the phone you put any sim card in it then when you buy you get one year free consierge service then after that you pay optional 600 year if you still want use of the consierge service. But the phone is a collectors item as they only make limited amount and its a good investment as over the years it adds value to the phone so worth more on resale. Also it is vertually indistructable, the guy said you cant scratch it and you can drop it of a seven story building and it will be perfectly fine as good as new, they did a test and had a car run over it and there was not a scratch or malfunction in sight :thumbs:

No its just the phone you put any sim card in it then when you buy you get one year free consierge service then after that you pay optional 600 year if you still want use of the consierge service. But the phone is a collectors item as they only make limited amount and its a good investment as over the years it adds value to the phone so worth more on resale. Also it is vertually indistructable, the guy said you cant scratch it and you can drop it of a seven story building and it will be perfectly fine as good as new, they did a test and had a car run over it and there was not a scratch or malfunction in sight :thumbs:

And the phone is costing how much??

Guest prescience

Funnily enough I've never dropped mine off a seven storey building or run it over with a car :p

Just be honest, it's for pose value not economics or technical reasons :teeth:

Funnily enough I've never dropped mine off a seven storey building or run it over with a car :p

Lol damn you prescience you know me too well :lol: Just really like it, but at least holds it money well :thumbs:

but at least holds it money well :thumbs:

:lol:

You keep telling your self that!!

:lol:

get back! Me first!

Seriously though - if its for the pose then fair play to you but if a mobile phone ever becomes a collectors item or goes up in value I will eat my aerial and buy a stubby! :lol:

Would love to see that - but alas, I agree, dont think it will happen :surrender:

Seriously thats whats happened because they make a 1000 per style only in the world people bid like crazy on ebay after the style is no longer made :)

But yeh its a good posing thing lol just love the look of it, still wanna know the ins and outs of the consierge button :surrender:

With mobile technology moving so fast after 2 years it would be an antique.... :wacko:

very true buty think these are like Cartier Jelwery they do go up in value after time, like this one has tripled in price now as only 8 made

http://money.cnn.com/popups/2006/biz2/cellphone/2.html

:wacko:

I don't doubt what you're saying, just the mentality of those who pay silly prices. Jewellery and watches are timeless (well top notch stuff anyway) but in 10 years the phone will look as sophisticated as a ZX Spectrum. Crazy! :headhurt:

With mobile technology moving so fast after 2 years it would be an antique.... :wacko:

very true buty think these are like Cartier Jelwery they do go up in value after time, like this one has tripled in price now as only 8 made

http://money.cnn.com/popups/2006/biz2/cellphone/2.html

:wacko:

I don't doubt what you're saying, just the mentality of those who pay silly prices. Jewellery and watches are timeless (well top notch stuff anyway) but in 10 years the phone will look as sophisticated as a ZX Spectrum. Crazy! :headhurt:

:lol: You are quite right, the software on the phones is very basic, but the material used is Jewellery based, i.e behind each key is a ruby crystal and inside is a 24 carot gold vertu stamp. I dont wear watches so opted for one of these. My brother gets a breitling watch but i dont like em :dry:

amazing to think that not that long ago you could get those giant mobile phones like a massive walkie talkie that had a big car battery type thing you had to lug around with it. I think that would have been in the 80's?