Seriously considering buying a 350z

Hello,

Just joined and wondered if you could fill me in with any helpful info on buying my first 350z.

I was looking to get a second hand one, 1 owner, fnsh, 1-2 year old max. Is there anything I should look out for? What type of running costs will I be looking at? Any bad points to be aware of?

I have owned impreza's for 7'ish years now so am pretty used to high running costs, but any info would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

p.s. anyone willing to trade a black roadster for a 56 plate black sti? ;)

edit to say that maybe I should have posted this in the Welcome and Introduction forum, feel free to move this admin!

:welcome: to the forum

this has been asked many times Hawaye. A quick search will help you out, but nothing major to look for. Clicking rear axle is the only main thing to look and listen out for.

Running cost are far lower than scoobies. Average service is between £150 - £250 depending on which one. Mpg is 22 around town.

Welcome Hawkaye,

Lots of tips and guides for potential buyers in the Intros section. The main thing is that you will love the Zed, its fantastic.

There are some for sale n the site whch may be a good point to start. Otherwise there are lots out there so have a good look. Took me 5 minutes to find and buy mine so not the best example :wacko:

Decide on the colour and spec, better spec, better resale. Dont assume that all salemen are experts. If you find one and want an opinion just ask. Any questions post them up.

Oh, and dont think that buying will be the end, its then into the mods.

Best of luck ;)

:welcome:

Ive had two Impreza's, a WRX with PPP and an STi. Enjoyed them both at the time but much prefer the Zed now, in fact its the best car ive owned.

For 1-2 years old you should be able to get a MY06, or MY05 GT4 (like mine) with the 296bhp engine. Car up to and inc 2005 (with exception of the GT4) had 280bhp, the new 2007 model has 309bhp.

Have a look on www.pistonheads.com, lots for sale on there - thats where I found mine. I wouldnt be too concerned about 1 owner personally, mine had two owners, but doesnt really make much difference on a 1 year old car still under warranty.

Personally, I would say running costs are similar to previous subaru's....

Thanks very much for the welcome and information folks!

I have only decided to change my current car so will start having a look around and see what I can find. I suppose I should really go test drive one first having never been in or driven one :blush: I have always fancied the 350z though, and am not sure why I haven't bought one before now...

Thanks again and I'll keep you updated and post any more questions I may have!

Welcome Hawkeye. I personally recommend taking a few for a test drive. They're cool cars, and each ones has it's little quirks, like any car.

I've driven 16 x 350's thus far, different specs, and I'll still jump in the drivers seat if I have the chance to drive another one. :D