Coilover track day setup

philw99

Just installed a set of Bc racing coilovers today, can anyone recommend someone to set them up for track day use? In the northwest?

Also what's a recommended setup?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not Zed specific, but I run my MR2 with the BCs 4 steps harder all round when on track.

Start with the settings at halfway, and adjust to suit. You'll probably want to get a good geo done as well, preferably before.

What track/s are you planning on visiting? Proper tracks will suffer a stiffer setup than airfields.

• Like 1

Get to Cadwell one of the best in the country in my opinion :) that's what I'm after someone who knows what they are doing..... Might end up going to London, long way to go for car setup

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I dunno, I traveled from Essex to Warwickshire for the setup on the 911. Always worth it if you know you're getting a good end result, then you can just take those numbers and have someone more local do the annual check.

I normally use A-Line in Dudley but ABP in Crewe maybe closer for you. They know their way round CTRs but should be able to cater for Z's and whatever setup you need.

Give them the geo figures you want or they could suggest different setups for you.

• Like 1

Also been recommend this place called wheels in motion however they are miles away from me :( talking a 7 hour round trip

WIM in MK? They are very good, they did the setup on my MX5 for me and it was very well done.

I run bc coilovers and have done Spa the ring and Donnington so far this year, if you set adjuster 4 clicks from soft for road use that is around a standard set up, for track go 11 clicks more back and front, I found this setup worked rearly well, you can if you wish go stiffer on the front if you wish just have a play and see what suits you best, I would also recommend MPSS tyres.

Ok going to book in at ABP in Crewe however they want me to provide the alignment setting for a 350z. Most of the alignment settings I've seen on the forum talk about putting back to stock? Does anyone have any better trackday setup?

Getting two messages when calling places. Wheels in motion were really helpful.

Go with a standard factory stock setup.

Don't lower the car too much or you won't be able to get back to factory settings. Need to start buying extra things

Hi i suggested the shocker setup for you, my alignment and camber was set as standard and was great on track, think the camber is about 2 deg rear if you go any more than that you will have high tyre wear.

Thanks mate, Have you lowered the car much? Did you have any problems going back to standard?