My seat refurbishment.

JurassicZ

Firstly thanks to 4RE Leather for all his help and advice.

When I purchased my Z, 2 weeks ago, I was in a real quandary.

Bodily she was super, had a almost full Nissan service history, every invoice since being imported to the UK in 2005 including all the Japanese shipping documents. She drove beautifully and had the tiptronic box we wanted. All with a good warranty for a very competitive price.

However the seats were dreadful, I could not understand how these were at odds with the rest of the car, until I read on this forum how easily they damage.

Anyway took the plunge and am really pleased with the car and now I have refurbished the seats, she looks a different vehicle.

Attached are pictures of the before

post-22518-0-08114100-1405273646_thumb.jpg

post-22518-0-04344700-1405273657_thumb.jpg

post-22518-0-67661000-1405273676_thumb.jpg

Did you do the whole seat or just the bits that needs doing , looks like new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Zhomo,

I used a pad on the bolster dabbing where neccessary only and a toothpick on the seams, cracks and airholes on the main seat.

I then diluted the dye and blended to avoid any colour mismatch.

If I am critical, I can still just see a slight variation in colour on the seat back bolster and next time may colour the whole top side bolster lightly as the seam would hide any colour difference.

Maybe 4RE Leather could advise on this.

I am being really picky on this though as you really have to look closely to see the variation, my wife thinks I am being OCD!

The biggest challenge now is to get her to sit on the base of the seat and twist in rather than sliding down the bolster...what chance!!!

Did you do the whole seat or just the bits that needs doing , looks like new

Hi Zhomo,

I used a pad on the bolster dabbing where neccessary only and a toothpick on the seams, cracks and airholes on the main seat.

I then diluted the dye and blended to avoid any colour mismatch.

If I am critical, I can still just see a slight variation in colour on the seat back bolster and next time may colour the whole top side bolster lightly as the seam would hide any colour difference.

Maybe 4RE Leather could advise on this.

I am being really picky on this though as you really have to look closely to see the variation, my wife thinks I am being OCD!

The biggest challenge now is to get her to sit on the base of the seat and twist in rather than sliding down the bolster...what chance!!!

I would leave it. the variation is the fact that the untreated part still has some human contaminants in it like body sweat transfer (leathers greatest enemy)

Plus the sun will cause its own colour difference.

The only way to eliminate is to do the whole seat in one go.

Once you put some light conditioner on in about 4-6 weeks it will all blend in and look great.

Not that it doesn't already :)

I'll give it a go if it turns up on the weekend

It is supposedly going to be hotter than Ibiza this weekend. I do not advise that anyone attemps to work on leather that has not been cooled 1st.

The colder the better.

If it feels anything other than luke warm to the touch then stick the aircon on for about 25mins. I have cancelled all my outside mobile repairs for the coming few weeks until the weather cools a bit.

Emergencies can always be done in out workshop in Swanley Kent 2 mins junct 3 M25

I'll give it a go if it turns up on the weekend

It is supposedly going to be hotter than Ibiza this weekend. I do not advise that anyone attemps to work on leather that has not been cooled 1st.

The colder the better.

If it feels anything other than luke warm to the touch then stick the aircon on for about 25mins. I have cancelled all my outside mobile repairs for the coming few weeks until the weather cools a bit.

Emergencies can always be done in out workshop in Swanley Kent 2 mins junct 3 M25

Good job you said other wise I would if thought hotter the better lol ðŸ‘😂