HR breathing mods

jimboy2

So I think the bug has hit and I'm looking at a few performance mods.

I know the HR has upgraded breathing from the go, but is there anything else I can do.

I already have cat back exhaust so HFC are on the list. What about air filter? I have upgraded Panel filters but would cone filters be a good mod? One thing this car does miss is engine noise, I have a lot of noise from exhaust but not a lot from engine. Would come filters give me the normal grunt?

I guess after that it would be remap time.

Amy one felt much different with a remap on a HR?

Thanks

Edited by jimboy2

I'd either import them yourself or wait till you're in the US!

You tend to find that UK suppliers will put a substantial mark-up on imported parts when in reality, it's not an issue to do so yourself!

I import parts all the time from CONCEPT Z, always have a quick turn around and never have any issues!

I'd either import them yourself or wait till you're in the US!

You tend to find that UK suppliers will put a substantial mark-up on imported parts when in reality, it's not an issue to do so yourself!

I import parts all the time from CONCEPT Z, always have a quick turn around and never have any issues!

Do you get stung with a lot of import tax? Or even if you do does it still work out cheaper?

The HR air boxes with panel filters are proven to give you the best gains if you are looking for power increase (after a remap though, you won't get any gains at all from just adding breathing mods). With cone filters etc you tend to lose a bit of power (not really noticeable) but you do gain engine noise.

Edited by Jp606
  • Like 1

Usually will work out cheaper. Quick maths to help as a guide:

Price + shipping in $ x 0.6 × 1.23

So $300 x 0.6 = roughly £180

× 1.23 = £221 price in Sterling with VAT and Import Duty added. Some shipping companies may add an administration fee too.

Usually will work out cheaper. Quick maths to help as a guide:

Price + shipping in $ x 0.6 × 1.23

So $300 x 0.6 = roughly £180

× 1.23 = £221 price in Sterling with VAT and Import Duty added. Some shipping companies may add an administration fee too.

Note that in this type of example it'll be a $200 item with $100 shipping. I also think it's 4.5% customs charges for car parts?

Anyway, I find a good way to estimate the landed at your door price is to simply change the $ sign for £. So a $200 item will cost you about £200 to your door. :)

• 2 weeks later...

As JP606 says. Upgrade the panel filters in the stock air intake boxes gives the best gains.

Don't waste money buying bits you do not need just for the sake of it.

If your not after the best gains and have money to burn on bling then go to the yanks.,