diagnostic reader for import

aevans692

Hi guys , please excuse my ignorance as this has prob been posted to death , but i haven't had much luck with this ..

Im after a fault reader for my 350z , it is a import .

I bought a U480 Universal OBD2 but this doesn't work , so I looked in to it a bit more and bought 2014 Launch X431 Creader VI+ 6 OBD&EOBD&JOBD ,this doesn't work either

neither of these even light up , nothing , tho they do work as I tested them on my bmw ..

I can't keep buying reader that don't work lol.. so I was wondering if there is a cheap reader which does work ? is there a list of compatible readers , any info on this would be great ..

thanks Andy

ok , thanks , just checked out the OBDMATE OM500 on ebay , as that was listed to work , my other question is , if I order it from china do we know if I have to pay import duty on it , as ones in the uk are expensive .. .

or am i looking at the wrong reader ...

thanks

I've got the Autel MS300 MaxiScan - I haven't tried it on a zed yet but it's worked on every other car I've had.

It was cheap enough - useful thing to have around, I feel a lot better knowing what's wrong before I go to the dealers :-)

I bit the bullet and got an expensive one with which does data logging as well , at least it reads my scooby as well so that was a bonus.

pedal dance is a good short term solution if you record the flashes and post on here someone will figure the code out for you :thumbs: