My first attempt with Meguairs Deep Crystal 3 step...

AndyC

....what do you reckon folks? I've been using Megs wash for ages with their tech wax, but used the 3 step for the first time last week and very happy with the results. The paint seems to be a lot brighter which obviously is down to the cleaner & polish. As with all Megs stuff really easy to use and smells great!

My plan is to keep with the tech wax and then go 3 step probably every 2 months or so.

th_DSC02079.jpg

th_DSC02078.jpg

th_DSC02077.jpg

th_DSC02076.jpg

th_DSC02075.jpg

th_DSC02074-1.jpg

th_DSC02073-1.jpg

th_DSC02072-1.jpg

th_DSC02070-1.jpg

th_DSC02069-1.jpg

th_DSC02068-1.jpg

th_DSC02073.jpg

th_DSC02072.jpg

th_DSC02071.jpg

th_DSC02070.jpg

th_DSC02069.jpg

th_DSC02068.jpg

Looks very good mate. I personally fine the 3 stage wax better than the Gold Class stuff. As an alternative finish I can recommend P21S. :thumbs:

To keep it buffed to the shine you've got, get some Meguiars Speed Detailer. Keep it looking B):)

I have to say you've done a better job than those three ladies.... :p;)

It looks like you've taken your time and used the stuff properly. Did you clay it before at all?

Try a few things and see what you prefer. The P21S seems to be a current favourite and very easy to use. You can do the bonnet in about 45 seconds. I've not used Zaino yet but have seen some of the results and it looks very good. Unfortunately it's been on non-metallic finishes and I love the way the flake in mine appears to be on the surface.

As another alternative, try AG Extra Deep shine as a polish - designed for darker / new car paint finishes. Was very impressed with it.

Top job either way, nice reflections along the lines of the car. :thumbs:

I have to say you've done a better job than those three ladies.... :p;)

It looks like you've taken your time and used the stuff properly. Did you clay it before at all?

Try a few things and see what you prefer. The P21S seems to be a current favourite and very easy to use. You can do the bonnet in about 45 seconds. I've not used Zaino yet but have seen some of the results and it looks very good. Unfortunately it's been on non-metallic finishes and I love the way the flake in mine appears to be on the surface.

As another alternative, try AG Extra Deep shine as a polish - designed for darker / new car paint finishes. Was very impressed with it.

Top job either way, nice reflections along the lines of the car. :thumbs:

Yeah but it wasn't half as enjoyable as watching those ladies wash my car from 3" away!

She's about due another clay, haven't done it in around 4 or so months.

Use other AG products, pretty happy with them but I think on wash & wax Megs has the edge.

Thanks for the kind comments :thumbs:

Top result mate. The clarity of reflection shows the attention to detail. I am well impressed.

When you get to these levels of cleanliness then what ever you use the results are subjective. Some polishes/waxes/finishes are better on one colour than they are on others though so some experimenting, asking around is always worth it.

Personally I use 'Sonus' products as they come highly recommended from a friend who is a detailer by trade and I use P21S as a finisher.

When you have waxed a car as opposed to polished it you will not use polishing/finishing agents again. :thumbs:

Its odd but the car FEELS nicer and as I said at this level its all about perceptions.

I did a friends Volvo over the weekend and the difference was truly amazing and he has not washed or cleaned his car in a couple of YEARS!!! :lol:

He actually said that it looked better and newer than when he bought it and that was with only one coat of everything!!

Well done

Ming the Impressed

PS I agree with H5 in that it does seem to make the 'flake' look like it is on the top and there for stand out a lot more!

Top result mate. The clarity of reflection shows the attention to detail. I am well impressed.

When you get to these levels of cleanliness then what ever you use the results are subjective. Some polishes/waxes/finishes are better on one colour than they are on others though so some experimenting, asking around is always worth it.

Personally I use 'Sonus' products as they come highly recommended from a friend who is a detailer by trade and I use P21S as a finisher.

When you have waxed a car as opposed to polished it you will not use polishing/finishing agents again. :thumbs:

Its odd but the car FEELS nicer and as I said at this level its all about perceptions.

I did a friends Volvo over the weekend and the difference was truly amazing and he has not washed or cleaned his car in a couple of YEARS!!! :lol:

He actually said that it looked better and newer than when he bought it and that was with only one coat of everything!!

Well done

Ming the Impressed

PS I agree with H5 in that it does seem to make the 'flake' look like it is on the top and there for stand out a lot more!

Again, thanks for the kind comments mate :thumbs:

Although I'm very impressed with the Megs stuff, as I've said, I'm getting ready to move up to "better" stuff.

Think H5 and your good self have now sold me on this P21 stuff, any recommendations on where to get it?

Well done

Ming the Impressed

Although I'm very impressed with the Megs stuff, as I've said, I'm getting ready to move up to "better" stuff.

Think H5 and your good self have now sold me on this P21 stuff, any recommendations on where to get it?

I just typed in Carnuba Wax in the search engine and found a Uk supplier. Delivered it should cost about £30 if I remember rightly.

I am towards the bottom of my second tub but i have done lots of cars as well as mine and Mrs Mings

Good stuff though

Ming the Converted

PS Its even better and quicker with my porter cable polisher!!

I just typed in Carnuba Wax in the search engine and found a Uk supplier. Delivered it should cost about £30 if I remember rightly.

I am towards the bottom of my second tub but i have done lots of cars as well as mine and Mrs Mings

Good stuff though

Ming the Converted

I'll check it out, thanks Ming :thumbs:

The 3rd step of the Megs is also a carnuba, nice stuff, but by the sounds of it your's is better and lasts longer!

Good stuff though

Ming the Converted

I'll check it out, thanks Ming :thumbs:

The 3rd step of the Megs is also a carnuba, nice stuff, but by the sounds of it your's is better and lasts longer!

http://www.google.co.uk/pagead/iclk?sa= ... rerId%3D34

£19.95 free delivery :thumbs:

Well done

Ming the Impressed

Here you go guys - http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/index.ph ... ductId=137

Good price for some great product. To continue the mutual appreciation society, I agree with Ming about finishing. As a test, if you take a new cloth and throw it gently across the bonnet, the thing zips across and falls on the floor with P21S (and other waxes) whereas after a polish it's not quite the same.

I have now tested Megs Gold Class (not good IMO), Megs stage 3 (OK, not bad) and P21S. Have seen others use other waxes but on my car I have yet to see anything to make me switch. :)

I buy loads of stuff and my missus nicks it. At least I don't have to do it for her all the time! She normally helps. She is also a dab hand with the blue masking tape when the Porter Cable comes out! I have only tried the PC with blackfire polish and wax (and a cutting compound!) and i's really very easy!

• 2 months later...

Loving the 3rd shot Satsuma. Stunning reflections.

Planning on doing a full Zed pampering session tomorrow, that wipes out a whole day. If weather holds will post up some picys. Meguiar's NXT is one of my favourite ranges, and another American brand called Turbo Wax.