350z exhaust back box

Neill

Hi,

Just been told I have a cracked flange which attaches the exhaust back box to the centre section on an 06 plate 350z, Kwik Fit quoted £350 for a non oem replacement. Anyone got a stock second hand one in the Cheshire area or got an idea for a replacement ?

Cheers

Neill

Seriously Neill I'd consider getting the Cobra as CS suggested if you can.

Makes no sense to me buying a mild steel exhaust (which will rot & need replacing again) for almost the price of a decent stainless steel aftermarket exhaust.

For the extra £50-£100 odd it's a no brainer. The stainless steel equivalent will probably out last the car. :lol:;)

Damn, I am replacing my OEM back box in the future for a stainless system, just still deciding what shape/style is best.

Don't forget you need to decide as well what sort of noise you're after. ;)

Just to add another problem into the decision making process. :lol::sorry:

If you want a bit of a rasp then just change your cats for Berks and stay standard, but personally, if the original is fwacked then you might as well get something thats probably cheaper than that but also better at flowing gasses and sounds better too :teeth:

Hi,

Just been told I have a cracked flange which attaches the exhaust back box to the centre section on an 06 plate 350z, Kwik Fit quoted £350 for a non oem replacement. Anyone got a stock second hand one in the Cheshire area or got an idea for a replacement ?

Cheers

Neill

Mine went a couple of weeks ago. Quotes were around £320 odd from several companies for standard replacement so better to go stainless unless it seriously affects your insurance premium. Mine is a 2009 and rest of exhaust is still in very good condition so I had it welded for £30. Would have liked to have used it as an excuse for a stainless system but have just had a few very expensive weeks and my wallet was smarting ..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't want to much volume then go scorpion. Makes it sound nicer and in no way intrusive. Won't rott and same price.

I like my scorpion, nice sound similar to standard and I like the look of the slash pipes

Gonna jump in here since mines is blowing too (sounds like a proper boy racer!...but I can't take the noise when just driving normally for long haha). I'm not after silly boy racer like tailpipes and I'd rather it sounded near as...stock just maybe a little fruitier (but still not annoying when driving//kinda stock levels). I keep hearing and reading Scorpions the one to go for? Would everyone agree on this?

Also ...as I'm not techy, where is it they tend to go and generally am I looking at a 'cat back' system? Also... whos the cheapest for a Scorpion. lo

Thanks!

We can help with the Scorpion system, it's a step up from the OEM system, if you wanted to keep the sound as close to OEM then I'd go with the Milltek system that we also offer.

Sounds like your current exhaust has broken away in the usual area of where the mid pipe meets the rear silencer... :)

Drop us a call, PM or email and we'll be happy to help... :)

Oh dear dunno if I could deal with that lol Plus I just looked on the site at the cost...!!!! I thought a system would be around £400 odds to buy! I'm not exactly sure what parts I need (if broken in the usual place)...anyone got a diagram? haha. I did look on google maps but still not sure where I would need it from. Also since the milteks def out...for those tail pipes... how much louder is the Scorpion, anyone know? Is it really much worse than standard when driving?

Cheers for the help! :blush: Thanks CS too, needing as much info as I can here haha

Fantastic! I've heard the scorpion on some vids...does sound the part...and no silly tailpipes! Now I know this differs but say I did buy the system. How long SHOULD it take garage take to fit it and what would be a 'reasonable' charge for fitting? Just tht last one before bed lol

Edited by AMT