Erratic Sat Nav

Jack Carter

Hi,

Had a decent 500 mile drive over the weekend in the 370z. I had all my destinations pre saved into the Sat Nav to save time. I had a major issue on 3 or 4 occasions though with the sat nav throwing a wobbly. Exiting a motorway junction on a couple of occasions, the arrow seemed to float off the road and didn't know where I was. This was on old established junctions - not where roads have changed layout at all in years. Also on occasion, after taking a change of direction at a major junction, the arrow was running parallel with the actual road I was on (about half an inch on the screen to the side of the actual road I was on. At one motorway intersection, it caused me to go wrong when as I approached the junction I should change to, it initially showed the correct direction, but then suddenly jumped to show a different route, before the arrow just lost it's way over none existent roads...

Anyone else had this ?

Is there a reset procedure or anything to solve it or is it faulty ?

Cheers.

Edited by Jack Carter

Sorry to say it Will, but glad it's not only me then :)

Heading from Leeds to Doncaster was downright disastrous for me. It completely cocked up when changing from M621 to M1 to M62. It just changed it's mind repeatedly.

I guess there is no fix for it then. I wonder if updating the maps would help ?

Cheers Will :thumbs:

Edited by Jack Carter

It's happened a couple of times with mine too - probably just a dodgy satellite signal rather than a software/maps issue. Out of interest, you could check the GPS info next time it happens and see how many satellites it's picking up?

I got annoyed with mine coming back on the M6 toll, it kept wanting me to pull off at every junction and go the long way when i had a nice clear road ahead.

Is that because you have the "avoid toll roads" option on?

I got annoyed with mine coming back on the M6 toll, it kept wanting me to pull off at every junction and go the long way when i had a nice clear road ahead.

Is that because you have the "avoid toll roads" option on?

I had already paid the toll :)

• Like 1

Having covered 2800 miles round France in my Zed over the past fortnight with extensive use of the nav, I can confirm these "quirks". Typically, they always appear when you need it most, such as on a roundabout or approaching motorway exits. It also seems to "update" the route quite often, with the yellow one-screen route completely disappearing until it's recalculated.

However, one thing I can definitely confirm is that it really doesn't help if you store one of those reflective sheets for windscreens across the boot. Seems to block the antenna almost completely!!! ;)

However, one thing I can definitely confirm is that it really doesn't help if you store one of those reflective sheets for windscreens across the boot. Seems to block the antenna almost completely!!! ;)

I've been having radio data conncetivity issues (ie the bit that tells you whats playing)

I keep a yellow reflective jacket in my boot - I wonder if thats what causing it

Ahhh.

Where is the Sat Nav antenna then ?

Reason I ask is that when I was having the issues last week, the boot was jam packed at the time. On top of all the luggage was my jacket which oddly enough, does have reflective strips on it.

It's funny as I have had long journeys with the boot empty(ish) and the Sat Nav was faultless :shrug: