Flooding kick plates

7eny

I was wondering if anyone has a similar problem to me. :blush:

When it rains the sills on my kick plates fill up with water (the bit with the Z on), when I open the door it poors out and empties. (I've learnt to stand back from the doors when I open them) The car has been back the dealer a number of times (over 7) and they agreed there was a problem to start with and moved the window and re-sealed the logging mechanism, after them telling me it was a 'feature' of the car, until i asked them to put this in writing and put in a complaint, they ageed to replace the door sill on the drivers side but it is still happening on both sides. :dry:

When you open the door the waterl pours out and you then watch it drain out of the sill. Is this common for all 350's

I've never seen this. Just out of curiosity, check if all the rubber seals round the doors are present or broken/cracked. Obviously this happens when the car is stationary so there must be a breach in the seal.

Ill check this when I get my car back. It doesnt happen all the time though only after really heavy rain. I've checked inside to make sure that the water is not getting into the car but it does not seem to be. This problem is obviously not normal?

sometimes it looks/sounds like quite a bit of water empties out of mine, which is fine when i drive it everyday but i just wonder what would happen if I went on holiday or away for a few days, it also means I have to be careful when I've got nice shoes on ;)

Happens to me every time it rains. Its not a lot of water, so I'm not that bothered. If the seals were shot, I would know because of the wind noise.

Surely it has to be the seals. I can't see how you would get water ingress into the interior without the seals being shot. Does it happen on both sides?

Mine has the same issue. Parked on my drive, the rear of the car is slightly lower so not sure if that "helps" the problem. But if its been raining, everytime I open either of the doors I get a nice dump of water onto the floor....

So is this something I should be getting the dealer to fix? I just assumed it was standard..... :blush:

so far i haven't had any water inside the car (fingers crossed).

it happens on both the driver and passenger side (but worse on the driver) and I definitly get it when the bonnet is slightly elevated and i'm pretty sure on the level,but I don't ever remember getting it when the back is higher. The seal above the door was replaced last week but it stll happens so i've told the dealer and am awaiting a call back as they were all busy :dry: