I feel ashamed - I looked at another car :(

michaelwr

I test drove an Elise 111S last weekend as I was getting "urges" about other cars.

It does handle well and has very direct steering, but it didnt feel any faster than the Z to me. It had a sports exhaust but I didnt think it sounded very good, and had a horrible boomyness around 3-4k which would be very annoying. The guy said it could go back to std, but then it would sound like a hairdryer. :scare:

Havent been in an Elise for about 6 years, and forgot what it was like. This one had aircon, elec windows, central locking and carpets!

All in all good fun, but it didnt make me want it........

Am thinking about going to drive a Tamora, but not sure if thats a good idea.....

looking at other cars is ok, it keeps your perspective fresh ...

As I try to explain to my missus

"the fact i have a book does not mean i cannot go to the library... !"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

she does not find it funny for some reason... :p

but do you just look at the books on the shelf or take them home and read them? :lol:

Test drove a 07 RS4 at the weekend and was not too impressed as thought I would be blown away. Did not "feel" that much quicker than the Z but when you look at the speedo it shows.

Just a shame we cannot tow with a zed as next test drives will be a S5 and BMW 335.

Anyone know much about A5/S5

looking at other cars is ok, it keeps your perspective fresh ...

As I try to explain to my missus

"the fact i have a book does not mean i cannot go to the library... !"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

she does not find it funny for some reason... :p

but do you just look at the books on the shelf or take them home and read them? :lol:

just looking at the pretty pictures.... reading books from the library is for clever people... I am not that clever.... :lol:

Test drove a 07 RS4 at the weekend and was not too impressed as thought I would be blown away. Did not "feel" that much quicker than the Z but when you look at the speedo it shows.

Just a shame we cannot tow with a zed as next test drives will be a S5 and BMW 335.

I have a mate who works at Audi, PM what you want to know and I'll pass it across if you like.

Lovely car by all accounts.

Saw an S5 one the m40 recently and when it came up behind me i thought it was a TT front the front but very dull from every other angle. :blush:

Going off the idea of the S4, all the write-ups I have seen say the 335 is far better.

Still think S$ looks good and the short supply will keep prices right for a little while but is that enough.

chap at work who had an oil burner A4 and A6 says the 3ltr d are better than the 4.2 FSI.

If the back end of the 335 coupe looked a little better the choice, would be easier choice as tuning seems easy and an extra 0.5 Bar takes it to a 4.5 sec to 62mph car which is quick enough.