Strange problem

lmc

Just changed my front drop links on the car, took it out for a test drive and now the oil light intermittantely lights up and at the same time oil pressure gauge drops to zero. I have checked the oil level as best as i can without letting it cool down completely and it seems fine.

Any ideas?

Check it from cold on a level surface and do not drive it until such time.

Alex. :)

That was my plan will leave it until i get home from work tomorrow. Its a strange one as i drove it about 300 miles this week without any problems.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Probably just very low on engine oil.

Thanks Alex

haven't damaged the wiring pulled the connector off to the pressure sender have you ?

Thought that myself but jacked it up again and checked everything.

Well just checked the oil levels and its just below the high mark so thats not the problem.

Whats next to try?

Well that could be good news.

As Ricey has said, check that you have not damaged the oil sensor and/or associated wiring that is in the vicinity of the driver's side drop link.

If all good there, I would be pulling the oil pressure switch and checking the oil pressure with a stand alone oil pressure gauge.

Edited by ZMANALEX

I'd be checking that pressure sender again mate.......too much of a coincidence

Well just checked the oil levels and its just below the high mark so thats not the problem.

Whats next to try?

Well that could be good news.

As Ricey has said, check that you have not damaged the oil sensor and/or associated wiring that is in the vicinity of the driver's side drop link.

If all good there, I would be pulling the oil pressure switch and checking the oil pressure with a stand alone oil pressure gauge.

Thanks for the help and advice guys.

Just jacked the car up checked everything gave everything a good wiggle to make sure nothing was loose and hey presto everythings fine again.

Im guessing that i might have just caught the wiring for the oil pressure sender. I will keep an eye on it for a while.

Anyway once again thanks for all the help and advice

• 4 weeks later...

Well havent drove the car since this incident. Went to start it 2 mins ago and its started again.

Its typical just as im contemplating putting it back to standard to sell it theres a problem.

Anyway any input welcome.