multiple drives and central meet up?

davedutch

Had an idea and wondered if r.e.o.'s might like to run with it.

Pick a date and a fairly central location ( a relatively central point as an idea Coventry Motor Museum ) then r.e.o.'s all arrange a drive from their areas using the central point as a halfway point, this could be a mega meet up if it worked.

Taking Coventry as an idea and assuming an hour plus drive to get there this must encompass hundreds of forum members.

By the way I'm over an hour from Coventry just suggested it because of Museum, could also pick Donington or any other location.

• Like 2

Think it's just bad timing atm buddy.

With Wales just past, LakeZ this weekend, Japfest 2 coming up,

A lot of people + a lot of driving already :( - Late Sept/early Oct would be the best timing IMO.

I've looked into holding a meet at Coventry Transport Museum (following a suggestion from Toothy).

It looks a great location and we'd be able to park outside the front of the museum on Millennium Place and basically be an addition exhibit for the day. But for this, we (the forum) needs appropriate Public Liability Insurance, with the correct amount of cover etc etc etc :yawn:

I've put my enquiries on hold at the mo, as other things (life) have got in the way (including future meets :thumbs: ), but the idea is still there on the back burner. And as Grundy said, we're right in the middle of show and meet season at the moment.

In the meantime, if anyone does fancy a day out at CTM, Lexx is hosting the 300zx 25th Anniversary meet there on Sat 19th July, so why not pop along and say hello?

I can't make it unfortunately as one of the aforementioned life events has got in the way :rant:

If someone else does want to run with this, please feel free! :thumbs:

Edited by 14N