One rare advantage of getting old!

Peak 370

Insurance!

Most things seem to cost a fortune now, but I was pleasantly surprised by my renewal price this week of just £194 for a year's full comp on the 370Z.

Bonus protected, courtesy car, legal fees, you name it.

£194? Amazing!

Edited by Peak 370
  • Like 2

Insurance!

Most things seem to cost a fortune now, but I was pleasantly surprised by my renewal price this week of just £194 for a year's full comp on the 370Z.

Bonus protected, courtesy car, legal fees, you name it.

£194? Amazing!

Modified or std?

I could get mine down to £186 as standard but the insurer wouldn't touch a modified car, to get my remap, cats,exhaust and intakes wheels etc etc I used Chris Knottt who came out miles ahead at £300

The car is standard. But for what it matters, I have had modified cars for 39 years and as long as the mods are not substantial I never worry about it.

I have had 4 claims in over a million road miles and never had a problem with an insurance company.

Obviously if the mods are serious i declare them.

The up rev I am having only adds £29 a year to my premium.

You can get too hung up about mods. In theory a different set of plugs could be deemed a mod.

Im paying £210 fully comp for my roadster from Basildon Insurance. Been with them from day dot. Remember my first modded car, a Vauxhall Astra SRi and was paying £1500 third party f and f. That was 27 years ago. lol 45 now...eeekk!

• Like 1

I declare all my mods no matter how small as they are covered on like for like replacement. Just have to make sure every time i replace a stock part it's a modded bit, then I'll be able to build a full extra car out of all the parts :lol:

I'm 23 and last year in november i paid £600 for my mkIV toyota supra twin turbo and that was standard except a few simple mods ie alloys but thats that so which is well cheap imo

so when i bought my 350 i wasn't too sure how much more the z would be but they told me before i bought it that it would only be £30 extra a year so when i bought it and swapped over the insurance on the day it didn't cost anything to swap over so that was really good and they said that the 350z will be an extra £30 a year on a standard 350 so i'm happy with that especially at my age!