Bumper respray

Roscoe

Good evening fellow zedders, I had my front bumper re sprayed last year due to stone chips and now it needs doing again :( I would like to have it wrapped this time round to save the paint. I'm not sure what it's actually called but many newer cars have it on wheel arch edges etc (the clear stuff) I'm based in Bedfordshire, can anyone recommend me a good paintshop/bodyshop.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

I've not had any problems with a difference in shine or gloss. The front end is covered in this pic and it was on 6 months when that was taken.

20130701_192804.jpg

It's not the cheapest though.

Nice, what front lip is that?? Also do you have any more pictures of your car? My wheels need a refurb and I'm interested in seeing bronze rays on a black car!

I was thinking of getting my front bumper repsrayed as well due to stone chips, how much does the film set you back?

It is the Mines CF lip (RT used it to make copies from), it wasn't cheap hence RT making copies.

This is pretty much where it is at now bar changing brakes and tyres http://www.350z-uk.c...en-all-to-easy/

The film cost about £1k (front bumper, bonnet, both wings and wing mirrors and front lip), it is the xpel film. There are others I'm sure that could be got/done for less. My logic was the stone chips would annoy my ocd especially on a black car. If you are keeping the car at least 2 or three years then it is worth it, if not then it is not cost effective. But when do mods ever make financial sense :surrender:

Edited by richmillions
  • Like 2

It is the Mines CF lip (RT used it to make copies from), it wasn't cheap hence RT making copies.

This is pretty much where it is at now bar changing brakes and tyres http://www.350z-uk.c...en-all-to-easy/

The film cost about £1k (front bumper, bonnet, both wings and wing mirrors and front lip), it is the xpel film. There are others I'm sure that could be got/done for less. My logic was the stone chips would annoy my ocd especially on a black car. If you are keeping the car at least 2 or three years then it is worth it, if not then it is not cost effective. But when do mods ever make financial sense :surrender:

Absolutely mint

I emailed JRC earlier in Fareham about having my bumper and bonnet sprayed to remove the stone chips and he quoted £500 plus vat, so £600. That would be with blending in the wings, so any stone chips there would be repaired also.

Quite steep but they were recommended on here a while back as doing a perfect job.

Trying to find somewhere a little closer to Bristol though if I can.

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed JRC earlier in Fareham about having my bumper and bonnet sprayed to remove the stone chips and he quoted £500 plus vat, so £600. That would be with blending in the wings, so any stone chips there would be repaired also.

Quite steep but they were recommended on here a while back as doing a perfect job.

Trying to find somewhere a little closer to Bristol though if I can.

Thats a good price tbo!