370Z Tyre Replacement.

K370Z2

Nearly time for new tyres for the Zed, Currently running falcons all round and don't have any issues with them apart from a little loud on the ear. So looking for something a bit quieter without compromising performance. Without having to remortgage my house and sell my kidneys the price is secondary.

The increased noise Will, was compared to the Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas. But really it depends on the road surfaces to me - no doubt something to do with how the tread pattern of individual tyres react.

But where the MPSS score is in their road holding ability and particularly in the wet as those of us found during the last Wales weekend. They are clearly superior to the Bridgetsones and Sessantas from my experience of using tyres on the 370 and the prices have dropped to around £800-850 for a set of 4 to make them very competitive price-wise.

So far its looking like the Michelins are getting the vote. I do agree the road surface does make a huge difference to the overall sound but some of the tyre compounds are so hard its like driving on hose pipes, as i said no real problems with the falcons just looking at other peoples thoughts & experiences.

Another vote for MPSS. I'll be sticking a set on the Nismo when it's time to replace the tyres. Noticed an improvement in handling and a small drop in road noise when I put them on my last 370.

Edited by sipar69

Just had all four replaced on the 350z, couldn't afford the Michelins but B&T tyres in Bletchley, Milton Keynes supplied four Avon ZZ5's for £490 total fitted, plus they have the benefit of having Z,s all round the perimeter as per the photo (childish I know). Don't really know about the performance but they feel great after the worn hotchpotch of tyres that were on the car and seem quieter too.

post-20247-0-32993400-1403426928_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tony350z
  • Like 1

They are clearly superior to the Bridgetsones and Sessantas from my experience of using tyres on the 370 and the prices have dropped to around £800-850 for a set of 4 to make them very competitive price-wise.

This(MPSS) is what I've been thinking I'll go for come Autumn, plus I didn't realise they'd be coming in at that price :) .

What size are those you have Ebized, OEM I'd expect ?

They are clearly superior to the Bridgetsones and Sessantas from my experience of using tyres on the 370 and the prices have dropped to around £800-850 for a set of 4 to make them very competitive price-wise.

This(MPSS) is what I've been thinking I'll go for come Autumn, plus I didn't realise they'd be coming in at that price :) .

What size are those you have Ebized, OEM I'd expect ?

Yep, OEM sizes.

When the MPSS first came out they didn't do the fronts in 40 profile, but then a set (with 35 profiles on all 4 corners) was mega expensive in comparison to the 'Stones and 'Vreds.

• Like 1

OK, great, thanks.

I tend to like my tyres a size wider all-round, two reasons, gives me a bit more curb protection and it looks better I think.

I'll look more in to what the cost for a step wider rubber is more closer the time I think and go from there. I'd expect it to be a fair bit more.