Best tyres for 350Z for the Track.

daveallen1999

R888's all the way! R888's are fine in wet as long as its not standing water. Very easy to get upto temp. Defo worth investing in a spare set of track wheels if you can. Ray's and R888's is an amazing combo

• Like 2

Plenty of alternatives to the two above, Federal Rsrs, Nankang N2SR, AD48's.

Very happy with Federals especially considering the price, they didnt break loose under acceleration on a 500hp Rx7 i owned and wore very well too and considering they are half the price of 888's its a no brainer for me :)

Just bought a set of Nankangs so will let you know what they are like which are available with two different compound choice ;)

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

RSRs and NS-2R are closer to the R1R than the R888 though. I like the R1R as a road tyre, but for track work it's ultimately lacking in grip.

Did you mean the A048? Great tyre, but hellishly expensive and the 888s is 90% of the way there.

RSRs and NS-2R are closer to the R1R than the R888 though. I like the R1R as a road tyre, but for track work it's ultimately lacking in grip.

Did you mean the A048? Great tyre, but hellishly expensive and the 888s is 90% of the way there.

I dont agree :) Not a chance its lacking in grip if it can put down 500hp without issue through a 265 :)

Yes A048, apologies :)