Front Bushes (Prothane) from USA :)

CurtisZ

Just got these from the states... Bushes for Compression Arm, Lower Control Arm, Upper Control Arm, and Anti-Roll Bar.

All for £126 including shipping and no tax surprisingly :) ... Superpro ones would have been about £370!

Arrived today and will keep updated on the process of fitment, which I plan to do myself... with the help of local garage to press out old ones.

Only bought my 350 a few weeks ago, a 2004 with 43,000... but the handling has since shocked me and with further inspection/searches on this forum, I knew this was the route to take! Let's see how it goes ehh!

UpperLowerandCompressionArmBushes.png

34mmAntiRollBush.png

Edited by CurtisZ
  • Like 2

Got an advisory with the MOT on purchase, both lower control arms bushes! Was not prepared to spend superpro/oem money so looked at the US market as I have previously done with my RX-8 and Impreza... and thought this deal was worth sharing ;)

Took the zed for a proper Norfolk drive when I first brought her home and Stability Control was kicking in where it shouldn't have! The collapsed OEM bushes are dangerous on a hard drive!!! Very Dangerous :/

Can't wait to get these fitted! Got these to do while I am there too ... front Anti-Roll Bar Drop-Links :)

350zDropLinks.png

Edited by CurtisZ

Haven't got the chance to do these yet... but they bloody well need doing quite soon!

How many hours labour would you say I should be looking at for Upper, Lower and Compression Arm bush replacement? + Drop Links?

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got to do the Lower Control Arm and Compression Arm Bushes with Drop Links while there! My God what a difference :) ... I have never had poly bushes but have always heard that they make a significant different... WOW :) ... what a difference!!! Upper control arm bushes tomorrow as time ran out! Car feels totally different in the best possible way, bushes were a little squeaky at first but after a little bit of silicon grease it was all sorted... sooooooo happy! Especially for £126 all in for all bushes... would 100% recommend these!

20140703_140256.jpg

20140703_140235.jpg

20140703_150552.jpg

20140703_165432.jpg

20140703_165448.jpg

Edited by CurtisZ
  • Like 2

Pics now back up!!! Did a clean-up of my Photo Bucket account and moved pics around... all sorted!!!

I really can't believe how much SuperPro charge for similar poly bushes!!!

Now have the confidence in the corners and even on the fast straights the car feels more sturdy :)

A+++

I just completed doing these last weekend and I honestly do notice the difference! The car is much more crisp to drive and no horrid creaking noises when breaking or going over speed bumps :)

The hardest bit of it was getting all the parts off the car as everything was crazy tight and didn't seem to be installed with any grease...

I got the parts form here.... http://www.aftermarketsuspensionparts.com/ cost me £120 which included delivery and import tax :)

• Like 1

While I've no doubt these are an improvement over tired rubber bushes not all polyurethane is the same, also the process for making the bushes can differ widely.

You mentioned the price of Superpro bushes but this is like comparing a Falken tyre to a Michelin they are not the same quality, Superpro offer a lifetime warranty for a reason :)

Whiteline bushes use a different material to Superpro called synthetic elastomer this is cheaper to produce hence why they are cheaper than the Supepro but still offer's good compliance on the road.

We have tried all the main poly bushes in various road cars, track cars and race/rally cars and the Superpro comes out on top, the Whiteline bushes are still excellent though and great if you are looking to save a bit of money.

• Like 1

While I've no doubt these are an improvement over tired rubber bushes not all polyurethane is the same, also the process for making the bushes can differ widely.

You mentioned the price of Superpro bushes but this is like comparing a Falken tyre to a Michelin they are not the same quality, Superpro offer a lifetime warranty for a reason :)

Whiteline bushes use a different material to Superpro called synthetic elastomer this is cheaper to produce hence why they are cheaper than the Supepro but still offer's good compliance on the road.

We have tried all the main poly bushes in various road cars, track cars and race/rally cars and the Superpro comes out on top, the Whiteline bushes are still excellent though and great if you are looking to save a bit of money.

These are the ones I bought ... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171223144872

This is the Prothane Kit for Upper, Lower and Compression (Banana) Arms ... as a keen B-road driver here in Norfolk I have Noticed an Incredible difference in the ride and handling of my 350 :) ... I browsed the reviews from the states on various vehicles all with positive things to be read.

Clark Motorsport - I somewhat agree with you and I was waiting for a Trader to say something tbh, however as with tyres expensive doesn't always mean better. I.e, I dislike Bridgestones RE040 & RE050 which I definately find overpriced considering I have replaced these with tyres almost 50% cheaper and with this came a better ride and higher performance!

Below is Prothane's Warranty-

''PROTHANEâ„¢ warranties all it's urethane products to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle'

I can't compare these to SuperPro or Whiteline... but what I can say is that over stock, times better! Car feels so much more responsive giving greater confidence in both cornering and high speed straights. I personally can't see how spending 3 times as much could be more beneficial to me.

Hope this helps all ...

Edited by CurtisZ
  • Like 2

Nice work! I've never fitted bushes myself before, are special tools needed? What site did you buy your bushes from?

Hi there,

Garage charged 3 hours to do all of them (I assisted) even though it took 5!! Pushing the bearings out was not a problem as we had access to a 12 ton bearing press, the problem was loosening off all of the ball joints, bolts & nuts, split pins etc. Defo not a driveway job even though I hear people on the forums saying it is, maybe on a new 350, not a 10 year old one!

As requested ... this is the link - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171223144872

Regards

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Nice work! I've never fitted bushes myself before, are special tools needed? What site did you buy your bushes from?

Hi there,

Garage charged 3 hours to do all of them (I assisted) even though it took 5!! Pushing the bearings out was not a problem as we had access to a 12 ton bearing press, the problem was loosening off all of the ball joints, bolts & nuts, split pins etc. Defo not a driveway job even though I hear people on the forums saying it is, maybe on a new 350, not a 10 year old one!

As requested ... this is the link - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171223144872

Regards

Just wondering how your getting on with the poly bushes?

Ive had mine on for a few months now and there starting to squeak when cold.

Just wondering if yours are doing the same?

Its not taht big annoyance as after 10 minutes of driving the noise disappears :)

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Honestly, i can't comment :lol: the car was off the road for 8 months then fitted all new bushes and camber arms,trailing arms, new diff.... so not sure what to say. The car feels better than I can remember but I have not taken it to the track yet to see what it can do. The diff is set too aggressive for the road (and track probably) the nvh is really bad at the moment and the tires scrabble as I go round slow corners.

Basically I've ruined it as a road car :blush: