Is this rust? Help!

ram164

Hi Guys and Gals

Was hoping you could help.

Noticed this on my rear spoiler, is it possibility rust? I'm a novice here so apologies if it's a silly question.

photo-1_zps95b9cea7.jpg

Just concerned and want to get it sorted before it gets serious.

Thank you in advance!

Ram

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't believe the rear spoiler to be made of metal so would be impossible to rust. :dry:

Look's more like some sort of lacquer peel or bad chip repair from the picture imo.

You've never heard of plastic rust? Leave the house more.

Thanks for the quick responses guys :)

Lol doh!! :blush: Ok plastic eh phew.

Literally just picked up the car a week ago and I seem to keep trying to find something wrong with it!

Paddy78 - By rear spolier I meant...

photo-2_zpse5fd0998.jpg

So a bad chip repair job then?

Ram

So a bad chip repair job then?

Ram

More than likely. ;)

Is it a raised bump? or does it dip inwards?

You could get a touch up kit (paint & lacquer) from Nissan for around £5 to try and make it look a little better or if it really bothers you a "chips away" mobile unit could sort that out in a jiffy. Probably cost you £30-£50 tops at a guess.

Edit: Just to clarify a "chip" doesn't have to be from driving. eg: stones hitting it. Maybe something in someones garage fell on it but either way it looks like a chip in the paint or possibly as I said post n#2, lacquer peel. That's why I was asking whether it was raised or sunken.

Edited by GMballistic
  • Like 1

Ahh never knew about plastic rust - learn something new everyday.

GMballistic - it's a raised bump.

I'm in the new toy phase :D so will get it sorted with a chip mobile unit.

Thanks again all!

R

Ahh never knew about plastic rust - learn something new everyday.

GMballistic - it's a raised bump.

I'm in the new toy phase :D so will get it sorted with a chip mobile unit.

Thanks again all!

R

Most likely a poor repair imo. ;)

Fyi ~ plastic rust ~ doesn't exist. :lol: Just in case you didn't realize they where pulling your leg. :D

FAIRY JIZZ IS REAL!!!!!

I just googled that for a laugh. :D

From the urban dictionary;

a mythical fairy that visits males during sleep and sprinkles them with semen. the jizz fairy is used to explain nocturnal emissions (also known as "wet dreams").

:lol:

• Like 2

FAIRY JIZZ IS REAL!!!!!

I just googled that for a laugh. :D

From the urban dictionary;

a mythical fairy that visits males during sleep and sprinkles them with semen. the jizz fairy is used to explain nocturnal emissions (also known as "wet dreams").

:lol:

some years ago while down the pub with some mates after a few beers one of them admitted to having this problem on a regular basis

he said an elastic band wrapped around the end worked as the pain woke him up i didn't ask for details this was already too much information

some years ago while down the pub with some mates after a few beers one of them admitted to having this problem on a regular basis

he said an elastic band wrapped around the end worked as the pain woke him up i didn't ask for details this was already too much information

Getting laid more often would sort his problem out better than an elastic band. :D;)