Need some urgent advice about damaged Nismo exhaust"

N15MNO-Daron

Had this nismo exhaust sent to me.. was VV pleased to ses the box arrive...however when opening i found 3' wide 0.5' deep dent in the backbox!!! (on opposite side of the Nismo word) :headhurt:

Does anyone know if this might cause problems ..such as a weak spot which might reduce the life of the exhaust? or reduce performance at all??

Photo of the dent below:

Had this nismo exhaust sent to me.. was VV pleased to ses the box arrive...however when opening i found 3' wide 0.5' deep dent in the backbox!!! (on opposite side of the Nismo word) :headhurt:

Does anyone know if this might cause problems ..such as a weak spot which might reduce the life of the exhaust? or reduce performance at all??

Photo of the dent below:

Where did you get it from? I would be really pi**ed but it is on the side that you won't see but still......... :rant:

I wouldnt think it will impair the performance or sound for one second, only good thing about it is you wont see it when its fitted..probably the best place for a dent if you have to have one :)

Like tim says it wont make a scrap of difference, but still not nice having a dent in it. :headhurt:

Mate that sux, especially at the price they are (I know we get good deals, but thats still a lot of money). As Jacko said, do you have insurance? That would be my first port of call. You need to contact them ASAP as they will no doubt use any excuse not to pay. However if all else fails, I dont see it will make any difference to performace and cosmetically I'm sure a local dent removal place can give it a go if you bung them a drink or two ;)

+1 with Mike. I would ask for a new one to be sent to you on priority order at no extra charge to yourself and for the other to be sent back, again with no charge for postage to yourself. Also ask for the postage to be repaid to you as you have to wait a bit longer now for another.

+1 with Mike. I would ask for a new one to be sent to you on priority order at no extra charge to yourself and for the other to be sent back, again with no charge for postage to yourself. Also ask for the postage to be repaid to you as you have to wait a bit longer now for another.

:headhurt: if you ask for all that I know what the answer will be ;) .... most you could expect if the exhaust has come from overseas is a slight sweetner, and that would be extremely unlikely (IMHO and experience )

:headhurt: if you ask for all that I know what the answer will be ;) .... most you could expect if the exhaust has come from overseas is a slight sweetner, and that would be extremely unlikely (IMHO and experience )

True, worth a try though ;)

WOW.. thanks for the quick responses!

Was ordered from a reliable source US for £750 total (incl tax and duty) was v good price and sent to me by UPS.. they obviously bumped it somewhere and im sure its insured.

The seller kindly offered me a completely new system free of charge.. (i assume il have to send the old one back even if he pays for the postage..maybe a hassle)

He also kindly offered me $250 refund if i install it and keep it... im thinking this might be better.. as u all said it probably wont be noticed as its on opposite side of the nismo word..

What do u think? refund $250 or go to the trouble of getting new one free of charge?

Was ordered from a reliable source US for £750 total (incl tax and duty) was v good price and sent to me by UPS.. they obviously bumped it somewhere and im sure its insured.

The seller kindly offered me a completely new system free of charge.. (i assume il have to send the old one back even if he pays for the postage..maybe a hassle)

He also kindly offered me $250 refund if i install it and keep it... im thinking this might be better.. as u all said it probably wont be noticed as its on opposite side of the nismo word..

What do u think? refund $250 or go to the trouble of getting new one free of charge?

Take the money. You'll forget about the dent when its fitted. :thumbs:

Take the money. You'll forget about the dent when its fitted. :thumbs:

+1...Good result :)

Hi N15MNO,

Sounds like you are dealing with a decent supplier. May be going down this route myself and would be good to deal with someone who is reliable and trustworthy. Would you mind sharing with us as to who you bought from ?

If you can arrange for a "damaged" zorst to be delivered to me so I can get it for $1250, I'd be more than happy :p

Gus

Hi N15MNO,

Sounds like you are dealing with a decent supplier. May be going down this route myself and would be good to deal with someone who is reliable and trustworthy. Would you mind sharing with us as to who you bought from ?

If you can arrange for a "damaged" zorst to be delivered to me so I can get it for $1250, I'd be more than happy :p

Gus

Yeah things happen with shipping etc, but sign of a good supplier is how things get handled when something goes wrong!

Good result by the sound of it.... :thumbs: