Isle of Man TT 2014.

WhackyWill

Have to say I'm loving the motor sport coverage on ITV4 this year - BTCC, TT, Moto GP :thumbs:

I imagine they probably have BSB too but I seemed to have missed it so far this year!

Edited by KurtB

Yep they've got balls or they're just mental!

Believe there's been another bad accident today, hope all are OK.

Guy Martin retired with bike problems.

Are you there at the minute, or are they photos off a web site? If you are there, how do those 675s sound in the flesh? They sound great on TV

They are good photos!

Seen Karl race many times in Bsb ... Very sad news

When we took the 400 a Swiss guy who was staying in a camper next us went out on a practice and didn't come back

I know that the TT is a very dangerous circuit, and every year there are fatalities,

also there are at least a couple of riders from the public who get killed every year and only gets local coverage.

I now think that the big bikes have now got to quick for the TT.Circuit.

I did many years ago a Class 4 Superkart race on a street circuit,

I thought I was going to die every lap...! :scare:

• Like 1

When we took the 400 a Swiss guy who was staying in a camper next us went out on a practice and didn't come back

I know that the TT is a very dangerous circuit, and every year there are fatalities,

also there are at least a couple of riders from the public who get killed every year and only gets local coverage.

Very valid point will, maybe they are at the point where they need to cap the bhp ?

I know there have been advances in the active suspension, traction control and abs but there must be limits

• Like 1

Very valid point will, maybe they are at the point where they need to cap the bhp ?

I know there have been advances in the active suspension, traction control and abs but there must be limits y

Makes you wonder if it would make any difference though. I'd imagine most fatalities occur at "lower" speeds due to cornering, so would a bhp cap help prevent more casualties?

Didn't Moto GP try a similar thing a few years ago with the 800's? A year later they were nearly as powerful again, but could corner even quicker!

I suppose it depends on how the riders feel. If they feel they have to race the big bikes to remain competitive during the week then perhaps change could be good. If they absolutely love the big bikes, then let them be as it's a personal choice.

As awful as the casualties are, I think it's a good thing that the event hasn't been interfered with in a negative way due to H+S.

As mind blowing to me the speeds are, I bet the fastest riders would be very upset if you tried to take some of their bhp away! ;)

• Like 2

A little bit off topic, but just stumbled across this video. Involves a rally car a few years ago. No injuries or anything.

:scare: :scare: :scare: What a save! That's some fantastic car control / luck there!

Edited by KurtB
  • Like 1