Car Security

Sarnie

I've been trying to find a thread for ages now and its doing my head in! Ages ago there was a thread about car security devices. There was a link posted up about a certain system that seemed really good. Basically the driver has a credit card type thing in his pocket. A reciever device is installed somewhere inside the car. If the car is started and driven without the reciever detecting the presence of the credit card thingy then it cuts all power to the car and it dies on the spot. Particularly helpful if you were to get car jacked as they wouldn't get very far but means that you can happily hand over the keys knowing they won't get far!

My ASW'ing has risen by 10000% but also so has my paranoia! It can be a little scary when you come back to your car and there are numerous people around your motor. :blush:

Anyway, if anyone can find the thread for me or even just the link to the device that would be great!

Liam

Love You x

I've been trying to find a thread for ages now and its doing my head in! Ages ago there was a thread about car security devices. There was a link posted up about a certain system that seemed really good. Basically the driver has a credit card type thing in his pocket. A reciever device is installed somewhere inside the car. If the car is started and driven without the reciever detecting the presence of the credit card thingy then it cuts all power to the car and it dies on the spot. Particularly helpful if you were to get car jacked as they wouldn't get very far but means that you can happily hand over the keys knowing they won't get far!

My ASW'ing has risen by 10000% but also so has my paranoia! It can be a little scary when you come back to your car and there are numerous people around your motor. :blush:

Anyway, if anyone can find the thread for me or even just the link to the device that would be great!

Liam

Love You x

No good being polite now, creep! ;)

got one of these in the type R

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/produc ... /5090.html

does the same thing but no need for a credit card transmitter. Really good bit of kit. Only downside is you have to enter the pin each time entering but I think it's better than them taking the card from you assuming they know it needs a card of course.

got one of these in the type R

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/produc ... /5090.html

does the same thing but no need for a credit card transmitter. Really good bit of kit. Only downside is you have to enter the pin each time entering but I think it's better than them taking the card from you assuming they know it needs a card of course.

Thats kind of what I was thinking of. Do you have to put the code in everytime you get in the car? Don't know if I could be bothered to do that. The one I saw was about £300 i think :blush:

And Digsy :bleh:

yeah you do have to put the code in evrytime the drivers door is open. You can set if for the passenger door to but not worth it. It also has a valet mode.

The car jacker can drive the car off but soon as a designated time or rev limit is reached without entering the pin number then a waring bleep starts and the brake lights flash. This warns other drivers. After 10 seconds alarm is activated and the engine is cut.

yeah you do have to put the code in evrytime the drivers door is open. You can set if for the passenger door to but not worth it. It also has a valet mode.

The car jacker can drive the car off but soon as a designated time or rev limit is reached without entering the pin number then a waring bleep starts and the brake lights flash. This warns other drivers. After 10 seconds alarm is activated and the engine is cut.

A bit tedious but probably worth the effort, Liam. Looks like a good system. :thumbs:

There's one on the market (Subaru offer it on new Scooby's) that means you communicate with the cat via text message. It texts you back it's status etc if you ask for it, and if you don't know where the car is, you can text the car and shut it down next time it stops. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

NavTrak do a system featured on all Ferraris sold in the UK. It has a drivers recognition card. If not present the control center is alerted. Full european coverage.

Price inc inst. £999 subs £295pa http://www.navtrak.com/

Also Tracker do a similar system called Tracker Echo with a drivers recognition card plus you get the added benefit of some police cars fitted with the detecting devices.

Price inc inst. £774 subs £159pa

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/p ... stems.html

Liam,

I've seen the device you describe on Maserati's. Graypaul in Nottingham install these on all new Maser's. It works the way you describe I believe. Why not give Graypaul a ring. I'm sure they could put you inn contact with an installer/agent.

You can get Graypaul on 0115 983 3555

Liam,

I've seen the device you describe on Maserati's. Graypaul in Nottingham install these on all new Maser's. It works the way you describe I believe. Why not give Graypaul a ring. I'm sure they could put you inn contact with an installer/agent.

You can get Graypaul on 0115 983 3555

Will do cheers :thumbs: