Spoiler Question

Hooch

Right, was looking for some spats as I'm coming into a bit of money in a month due to a bonus. (along with a lot of other things)

I came across this on eBay from Tradelink:

_572.jpg

_573.jpg

_57.jpg

_576.jpg

Liked the spoiler (even though it is wrapped really badly), do you guys know which one it is as I thought it was the Nismo V2 but that looks a lot bigger?

If someone could link me up to one preferably in carbon or PU plastic (not fibre glass).

Also a bit of a long shot but does anyone know of a gunmetal zed with these spats in carbon fibre and also carbon steps? (bonus would be a carbon splitter as that's the look I'm thinking of)

Edited by Hooch

I had that spoiler when i had my grey 350z.

The replica is ok, but didnt feel strong, the surface wasnt even, and when i had it sprayed and fitted a hairline crack appeared, next time i get one i would go for the real one.

I had that spoiler when i had my grey 350z.

The replica is ok, but didnt feel strong, the surface wasnt even, and when i had it sprayed and fitted a hairline crack appeared, next time i get one i would go for the real one.

I have one fitted, IMO (obviously) looks good.

Defo needs to be coloured same as car.

As other said, rep needs a lot of prep work to get it looking good....but then most replica stuff does.

And going by the pics - that one doesn't seem to be sitting right on drivers side???

Edited by aidan
  • Like 1

Right, once the Gia Cuzzo website is translated it says their is also made of FRP so I'm thinking of going for the ebay one.

What's the best way to attach these as I don't really want to drill holes or ruin the paintwork if I need to remove it?

I have seen talk of bodykit tape, anyone else used this stuff?

Edited by Hooch

Right looking into it if the entire bottom of the spoiler is making contact with the car then I should be able to use 3m automotive tape and silicone it to ensure an air tight fit.

Does anyone know if the entire mating surface of the spoiler is touching the body work to ensure a good bond?

Bolted / bonded mine on as don't plan to remove it....or have the wind remove it when driving!!

Also unless the spoiler is spot on, will be difficult to get both ends fully "locked" down onto boot lid, although Zhorno seems to have managed it. ;)

Mine being the roadster doesn't have the standard lip spoiler but works ok, but the rear landing area of boot lid on roadster is a different shape.

2.jpg"]http://2.jpg[/url].

Centre area was recessed on mine - ie only the outer edges would have made contact.

As I had to reprofile mine anyway to fit the roadster - I filled the area in.

Shouldn't be an issue for any decent bodyshop.

Edited by aidan

Centre area was recessed on mine - ie only the outer edges would have made contact.

Only the edge of the spoiler touches , sits around original spoiler , my friend fitted all my stuff he bonded it on with some special glue

5096D6FA-DDEF-42FC-83B9-326C8B6BF70A.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I like the look of that B) very nice, and no worrying about potential water leaking holes. Hmmmm.......I wonder, hubby????

Your paint will be 65 quid then laquer (which most body shops will have).

All in including work and purchase cost of spoiler 300-350???

Depends on how much prep work painter has to do to spoiler supplied.

OP pic - looks like wrap on roof.

Edited by aidan
  • Like 1

You would get away buying less paint - but the lower amount you buy the harder it is too match (esp azure). The 65 quid for paint is roughly cost of a half ltr.

And you'll have paint left over in case you need a little further down the line.

Ahh interesting. I don't really like leaving things to body shops. Never used it before but might get some fiber and resin. What did you use to fill it in?

Edit: thinking about it, the recess will take the 3m tape and as it's thicker it should make a good seal. Guess the best thing to do is buy it and then work out the best way to fit...

Edited by Hooch

Ahh interesting. I don't really like leaving things to body shops. Never used it before but might get some fiber and resin. What did you use to fill it in?

Edit: thinking about it, the recess will take the 3m tape and as it's thicker it should make a good seal. Guess the best thing to do is buy it and then work out the best way to fit...

I used bolts / tiger seal and 3m tape to take up gap and stop any rubbing.

Filled areas with fiber n resin, as area was a lot more than 3M would take up.

Also took a long time prepping it, that way once painted looks tip top.

Once you purchase one, you'll know yourself what needs done to get it up to the standard you want.

To be fair my securing might be overkill - but thought better "over" doing it once - than it landing on someones bonnet on the motorway!!

Edited by aidan
  • Like 1