Anyone know Monaros?

Ekona

Same here a little. I had anti lag as well, ..made pretty much identical sound. :byebye:

The only thing I'll never miss though is the fact that it was not reliable at all. Mine spent more time on a low loader than on the actual road. :lol:

Yeah, mine nearly made me destitute keeping it on the road and mine wasn't even that heavily modified either. I certainly don't miss the bills! I still go weak at the knees when I hear the burble though, every time. :lol:

Sorry, I've taken this thread a bit :offtopic:

It is, imo, one of the nicest sounding and most distinct sounding engines ever made. B)

@Granby ~ loved the video of your Monaro. B)

Was watching it last night, ...very funny the way you magically disappeared. :lol: One minute you where there doing a burnout, the next you had vanished. :scare:

You wouldn't believe what a big kid he is lol.

Have to say it's a lovely car though.

Glad you enjoyed the video, i enjoyed being part of it :D

Clive's P1 is a beast, and he drives it like it should be driven B)

Having had a scooby i don't think i'd go back to one, i had it for 6 years & loved it right up to the point number 3 piston said goodbye :blush:

The Monaro is more me though :) and as dunks said i'm just a big kid really :drive1

Edited by Granby
  • Like 1

Glad you enjoyed the video, i enjoyed being part of it :D

Clive's P1 is a beast, and he drives it like it should be driven B)

Having had a scooby i don't think i'd go back to one, i had it for 6 years & loved it right up to the point number 3 piston said goodbye :blush:

The Monaro is more me though :) and as dunks said i'm just a big kid really :drive1

Same here.

My JDM WRX was great for the first month right up until the big end went (due to oil starvation after the oil pump failed). :thumbdown: No problem, I love the car and want to keep it for years & years & years. So spend "big" and have the engine rebuilt with lot's of goodies, ...should be okay for decades now. :yahoo:

Wrong!! 12K miles later and two years on it through a conrod straight through the side of the block totally f**king itself up in the process. :bang: F**k you Subaru. :lol:

Never getting another Subaru but still miss that sound. :thumbs:

No problem, I love the car and want to keep it for years & years & years. So spend "big"

I recognise that story. :lol:

I thought the same thing when one of my calliper's decided it didn't like the rest of the car any more, so spent big on a lovely AP Racing big brake kit... and then some wheels to fit over them too. :rolleyes:

Then

the big end went (due to oil starvation after the oil pump failed).

That happened to mine too. I threw all my money at API for a new engine build with a few bits, chucked on an uprated clutch but only had the flywheel skimmed at the time as it turned out the radiator had rotted away and needed replacing too.

8 months later the flywheel sh*t itself by which time I resented spending more money on it. :dry:

It's still sat in the garage actually, I keep telling myself I'll turn it into a track pig but never actually done anything about it. :lol:

To be fair, it became increasingly obvious that mine (a '98 Turbo 2000) had clearly not been treated particularly well prior to my ownership but I rushed into the purchase, in hindsight - lesson learnt! I'd gladly have another, I'd just be more picky about what I buy next time though.