2007 / 2008 quote

H5

My insurance is up at the end of the month.

Best quote so far based on:-

2004 GT

26, 3 yrs NCB, no points as of June (touch wood!), with 25 yr old gf on policy, fully comp, with commuting covered.

£525. Not bad?

It's with Elephant. Never accept a renewal quote, always go online and get a new quote. Also try Admiral, Diamond and Zurich. :)

Oh, and with future engine bits declared it's £562.

Yep, I've just gone through the whole process again....... going to write a full write up for advice for people, but I found that the cheapest with my wheels added were:

Elephant, Admiral, Bell (all part of same group)

Then Direct Line....

If you ain't got mods then privilege normally cheap, but if you going to mod at all then FORGET IT NOW! :blush:

They rip all your limbs off on notification and renewal due to mods..... :thumbdown:

Anyway, found the Elephant, admiral, bell very easy to see how much a mod will cost you in change to policy through the web quoting system! :thumbs:

PS: Probably worth saying where you are in country. For example mine is expensive considering I'm getting older, 10 NCB etc due to postcode.... :thumbdown:

Just got my renewal through today with Privilege £565 which isnt bad as it includes full protection and breakdown cover, business use, girlfriend, 6 points on license:

Basic cover £374

NCD Protection £57

Legal Protection £21

Rescue £84

Guaranteed Hire Car £28

Total £565

Cheapest on confused.com was elephant and that was £670 with no breakdown cover! :scare:

I am in the over 40s club though and girlfriend is 32.

Just got my renewal through today with Privilege £565 which isnt bad as it includes full protection and breakdown cover, business use, girlfriend, 6 points on license:

Basic cover £374

NCD Protection £57

Legal Protection £21

Rescue £84

Guaranteed Hire Car £28

Total £565

Cheapest on confused.com was elephant and that was £670 with no breakdown cover! :scare:

I am in the over 40s club though and girlfriend is 32.

Yeah confused was crap for me, as was that comparethemarket crap....

moneysupermarket.com wasn't too bad, although premiums jumped up when adding protected NCD etc....

But Elephant was worth it in the end, no matter how bad the adverts are! :headhurt:

Damn it, Im 26 and I pay £780, fully comp with one year roadside cover with greenflag, windscreen replacement, £250 excess, and covered for mods 19" alloys body kit, and stereo. I have 3 points CU30 and 3 years ncb, how comes you lot pay alot less :thumbdown:

Damn it, Im 26 and I pay £780, fully comp with one year roadside cover with greenflag, windscreen replacement, £250 excess, and covered for mods 19" alloys body kit, and stereo. I have 3 points CU30 and 3 years ncb, how comes you lot pay alot less :thumbdown:

Where do you live? Other than that, I'd say the body kit, wheels and whatever a CU30 is would make a difference of a couple of hundred.

7 years no claims/ no points/ 30 yrs old/Greater London postcode

Import zed with no tracker & bodywork/wheels/exhaust mods listed

£720 approx with Adrian Flux (£250 excess / protected no claims/extended injury & legal cover & hire car)

Zedrush, thinking about it, have you tried a quote with Elephant / Admiral etc. and put your gf / Mum / Aunt / Dad on the quote. That takes mine down from £696 to £525. :thumbs:;)

Im in London Im under my mums but still claim no claims for myslef with direct line, dont make sense :wacko:

Zedrush, thinking about it, have you tried a quote with Elephant / Admiral etc. and put your gf / Mum / Aunt / Dad on the quote. That takes mine down from £696 to £525. :thumbs:;)

Im in London Im under my mums but still claim no claims for myslef with direct line, dont make sense :wacko:

Ah, if it's not your policy, they simply load it to the highest risk driver when it's the children of the policy holder. They're wise to that, just miss the partner / relative route. ;)

Jay to make you feel better,

I'm 33, 10yrs NCD, np points or convictions..... but because I live in an Oldham postcode (even though I'm 15 miles from Oldham), I'm paying more than you!

So stop whinging!! :thumbs:;)

just renewed mine with the privilege again. I actually cancelled it and set up a new insurance with them as it was cheaper.

£550 full comp, protected with 12 months interest free payments. No claims or offences and max no years claims discount and in garage overnight.

Manchester isn't the cheapest of areas even for a semi oldie

just renewed mine with the privilege again. I actually cancelled it and set up a new insurance with them as it was cheaper.

£550 full comp, protected with 12 months interest free payments. No claims or offences and max no years claims discount

Manchester isn't the cheapest of areas even for a semi oldie

Yeah Mike I did the same last year.....

I noticed that on my renewal with them this year, they wanted to charge me 19% or something to pay by DD, whereas like you, if done online would have been free!

Nothing like customer service is there! Shouldn't have to have to cancel then resetup new one just to get the 0% offer! :thumbdown:

Anyway, they were taking the p*ss with me this year, so I've gone......

"might not have to be posh to be privilege, but it would help to have a posh bank balance with what they wanted"

I have to do that every year with Elephant. Makes a mockery of their customer retention!!

Jay, if you have no claims in your own right, then I would try it the other way round. Try www.elephant.co.uk and plug it in as if you were the main driver and see what you get. (Don't forget to click the 12 month policy button when you get the price - the default is a 10 month figure for some reason! :wacko: ) :thumbs:

Rob.