Need a laptop

scobie140

Anybody a bit more clued up on laptops help me find a decent one for about £300ish?

Going offshore soon so will need to have a Web cam to Skype the wife and play some games to help pass the time. Doubt the games will be too heavy duty probibly just football manager etc.

I get the more RAM the better but total lost when it comes to processors.

Cheers for any suggestions folks

There's so many at that price point so it's hard to recommend a model, but on the processor side, the higher the number next to the "i" the better. i3 < i5 < i7. If you intend on playing FM or then I'd suggest an i3 is the bare minimum so as to not have to put up with really long waits in between clicks.

At £300 I'd be very tempted to go for something that's refurbished, as it will help your bang for buck on the specs, both PC world and apple have refurb sections (so long as you don't mind refurbed and you get the usual warranty etc).

• Like 1

Yeh I know I'm not going to get nothing top spec but I'll not exactly be pushing it too hard.ill have a look and see what I can find and post links for opinions. Yeh wacky will that would be handy if you don't mind

I am also looking for a laptop. Have you looked at the Dell XPS M1730 it got an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz processor, 4gb ram and SLI graphics cards, they can be had for about £350 on eBay

My mates Company had some excellent display Toshiba Satellite Pros for around that price, I'll see him later and ask if you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Checked with my mates Company and unfortunately none left, Sorry. :surrender:

Edited by WhackyWill

Cannot go wrong with a DELL or a Toshiba. :thumbs:

Really? I had one of those XPS Dell models, biggest pile of @*!# ever. Constantly overheated and eventually the graphics card died. I would never buy another one.