F1 Historic Masters Brands Hatch

Keep an eye on Jonathon Lewis and Nick Swift in Minis in the Pre 66 touring cars.

Both cars will be running profiled tyres from my unique tyre shaving machine.

A podium may be possible, a win would be outrageous with the big V8's etc that they are competing against.

2 weeks ago at the Mini festival Lewis set a new lap record on the Indy circuit, I dropped off his tyres at his workshop on Tuesday and he was in a very confident mood.

• Like 1

I'm going to sticker-bomb your car if I see it Will :D

We could have a beer in the Kentagon instead. I will be with my mate

Tony Trimmer ex-F1, Frank Lyons McLaren M25 (Michaels Dad) and Greg Thornton Lotus 91,

plus a few others. :thumbs:

Masters Historic Festival (+ FIA Historic F1)

Brands Hatch (GP)

Saturday 24 - Sunday 25 May 2014

The Masters Historic Festival returns to Brands Hatch for its traditional Bank Holiday weekend of classic racing action. This year's event on Saturday and Sunday celebrates the 50th anniversary of the first British Grand Prix at Brands Hatch, with several generations of F1 machinery set to be represented on track.

The FIA Historic Formula One Championship caters for evocative Grand Prix cars raced during the 60s, 70 and 80s and features stirring machinery from Williams, McLaren, Lotus, Tyrrell, Arrows and more.

The Historic Grand Prix Cars Association (HGPCA) features Grand Prix cars spanning half a century of motor racing, from the 1920s to the 1960s, covering the era of that debut Formula One event at Brands.

On the fabulous Grand Prix Circuit, spectators will be able to see these priceless examples pushed almost to the limit through the fast and flowing corners which, like the cars, remain virtually unchanged from when they originally raced at Brands in anger.

In addition to support races featuring monstrous sportscars and saloons, a number of other iconic F1 machines across all eras will be on display, together with a demonstration and parade in memory of Sir Jack Brabham featuring cars the legendary motor racing icon drove and built during his illustrious career. PLEASE NOTE:Sunday is the main event day.

http://www.motorspor...686/masters.pdf

Edited by WhackyWill
  • Like 1

WhackyWill, that looks great. Only a few days a go I was thinking it would be brilliant to see 90's touring cars again, especially cars like Thompson's Honda Accord, Plato's Renault Laguna as well as Mondao's, Primera's etc. Thanks for posting :)

Edited by Linus27
  • Like 1

Should be a very good event.

The HSCC's premier Brands Hatch event returns this season with another extravaganza of single seater, saloon and sportscar contests celebrating several decades of car racing. All races will be held on the Grand Prix circuit, recreating the halcyon days of motorsport.

The BTCC's 90s heyday will feature prominently for a second straight season with the Super Touring Trophy returning with a host of ex-works cars and drivers. John Cleland and Patrick Watts are expected to re-appear on the grid along with new entries including iconic Renault Lagunas and BMWs from the period.

This event typically benefits from huge entries and this year isn't expected to be any different with grids of classic sports prototypes, Formula 3 cars, and Historic Road Sports full to the brim with quality and quantity.

Check out the HSCC.

http://www.hscc.org.uk/

Bloody soaked!

Good day though, the modern classic F1 cars were ace as expected but I enjoyed the Can-Am stuff more. Proper racing, and you can stand so much closer at Brands than anywhere else.

• Like 1

Bloody soaked!

Good day though, the modern classic F1 cars were ace as expected but I enjoyed the Can-Am stuff more. Proper racing, and you can stand so much closer at Brands than anywhere else.

Thought you were going tomorrow..!!

You won't be able to buy me a beer in

The Kentagon then..! Best day is tomorrow ..!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk