Differences between the 3 different 350z engines

undecided

You have to remember also that the electric seats are higher than the manual adjust seats... because of all the gubbins underneath...

You sit much lower on the manual seats... I checked it with LeTanks Zed and Mine...

I sit ON the car and he sit IN the car, and he's taller than me....

ah, ok maybe that'll make a difference. It was a GT I test drove.

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to add thanks for this thread, I was unsure what engine was in my 06 Roadster, but as it has the revised interior, I`m guessing its the 296HP version. Not that it makes the slightest difference, I have bought the car already, but its always nice to know. :thumbs:

Just wanted to add thanks for this thread, I was unsure what engine was in my 06 Roadster, but as it has the revised interior, I`m guessing its the 296HP version. Not that it makes the slightest difference, I have bought the car already, but its always nice to know. :thumbs:

That is correct you have the 296bhp engine. :thumbs:

Having had a ZED with a 276 engine and now one with a 296 engine there is some loss of low down torque with the latter, but offset by the fun factor of a few more revs at the top end before the limiter kicks in. Really not much difference in overall performance IMO.

As regards the oil consumption issue I used 0.5 of a litre in 6500 miles - I ran the engine in as advised in the owner's manual and having had the previous ZED, I new what was to come and did the patient bit. I do wonder if some owner's can't wait to give it some beans and that is why their oil consumption has not been to good?

Always concerns me when buying a second had car is how it was treated in its early days - you only find out after a period of ownership but there's no doubt that the ZED engine is fundamenatlly very strong so you shouldn't be too worried :)

No problems with oil consumption here on MY07 after 5000 miles. A couple of 1/2 litre top-ups in the first couple of thousand miles and then nothing. I wouldn't worry about the red line (7500 on the MY07 btw) as you are past max power and torque well before then anyway. Don't forget this isn't a low torque S2000 or other 2 litre fizz bomb but a real V6 :):):)

Having had a ZED with a 276 engine and now one with a 296 engine there is some loss of low down torque with the latter, but offset by the fun factor of a few more revs at the top end before the limiter kicks in. Really not much difference in overall performance IMO.

As regards the oil consumption issue I used 0.5 of a litre in 6500 miles - I ran the engine in as advised in the owner's manual and having had the previous ZED, I new what was to come and did the patient bit. I do wonder if some owner's can't wait to give it some beans and that is why their oil consumption has not been to good?

Always concerns me when buying a second had car is how it was treated in its early days - you only find out after a period of ownership but there's no doubt that the ZED engine is fundamenatlly very strong so you shouldn't be too worried :)

Mine used a bit of oil in its early age then almost stopped from the 8000 mile point. I think they do use a bit in the first few thousand miles then settle down. Mine as never been ragged either. :thumbs:

Early import so 'low' 276 bhp engine. Uses NO oil and has 30+ K on the clock.

Reasonable grunt and nice revs.

If i am honest it does feel as if it wants to rev a little more but there is more push changing up anyway.

I would guess that if all three models did a standing 1/4 mile there would be next to nothing in it.

Torque = easy drive

Revs = involved drive

Take your pick.

Lastly

None of the models are shy of either in the real world

Ming the content