New cone filter fitted

Carrie-B1

So decided today I would do some more little bits to the engine bay, fitted blue lead covers and a new cone air filter. Think I did ok as I have never tried to do any thing to an engine before (I have to use the instructions to fit an electrical plug lol)

IMG_0853_zps09c7c24f.jpg

IMG_0855_zps9b81acfa.jpg

and a little sound track of what it was like before and after (hopefully they load)

before

th_IMG_0839_zpsa5c8b619.jpg

After

th_IMG_0856_zpsae00d072.jpg

Edited by Carrie-B1
  • Like 2

Thank you Desey, but after being on the engine for nearly a year, the heat has caused a couple of small cracks along the bottom edge so will be looking to change it if it gets any worse

Was it Hydro dipped? or just painted?

Engine bay looks great btw. ;)

It was air brushed on by my brother, who said because it has so many layers of paint and lacquer the heat in the engine bay keeps expanding and contracting the paint. He said he's never doing another 1 for me :) :) so it's back to the drawing board but I do have an idea in mind don't know if it can be done so have to wait and see

It was air brushed on by my brother, who said because it has so many layers of paint and lacquer the heat in the engine bay keeps expanding and contracting the paint. He said he's never doing another 1 for me :) :) so it's back to the drawing board but I do have an idea in mind don't know if it can be done so have to wait and see

Well tell him he has some skills either way because it look's great. B)

I'd say Hydro dipping may be the answer. Take a look at Wizurds Hydro dipped engine cover and see what you think ~ Post n#64; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/84682-wizurds-build-confirmed-zeditus/page__st__60

;)

Cheers GM lol

Carrie where did you get the flexi hosing from to cover the existing black stuff.

I've done the same but find the widest hose is a bit big for the far right hose as you look at the engine bay. But then the size down from that is too thin to slip over exactly.

• Like 1

Cheers GM lol

No probs thought I'd show yours off as it looks so great mate. B);)

Got my hydro dipped interior bits back this week which I'm really pleased with ~ not fitting them till the end of this month though. (pictures will be then)

They look so good in fact that I now have plans to eventually have dipped the B pillars and my engine cover. :D

• Like 1

Cheers GM lol

Got my hydro dipped interior bits back this week which I'm really pleased with ~ not fitting them till the end of this month though. (pictures will be then)

They look so good in fact that I now have plans to eventually have dipped the B pillars and my engine cover. :D

Carrie not sure if you've got stuff dipped yet but once you do its an eye opener. Can dip so many bits and since it bonds to the paint it's not like stickers or anything like that.

GM gonna need pics mate :) can't wait. B pillers look excellent dipped.

Cheers GM lol

Carrie not sure if you've got stuff dipped yet but once you do its an eye opener. Can dip so many bits and since it bonds to the paint it's not like stickers or anything like that.

GM gonna need pics mate :)can't wait. B pillers look excellent dipped.

Going to put pictures up once I've fitted the interior bits ~ just waiting for after my Zeds back from the sprayers towards the end of the month (taking it in on the 27th).

B-Pillars and things will be done a lot later in the year though as I have other plans first. :ninja::D

Wizurd, engine cover looks class, just had a look at engine bay and it is looking brilliant, still loving the blue and white. I got the flexing hosing from ebay, I tried it with the large one and hated it, so put the med 1 on, it doesn't go all the way round but you can't see it unless you get down and look under it, was also lucky got blue insulating tape that was the same colour blue so taped the ends up and then fitted the cable ties

Cheers :) made a rod for my own back with the polishing and cleaning it'll take to keep it looking decent lol more alloy bits to go in there yet.

I did think about the middle sized hose but was worried about it not going all the way around. I'll try it on the furthest right hose anyway see how it goes. Think we probably got the kits from the same place on eBay then. Good to know :)