18" rota weak offsets??

nowhereboy

I can't seem to find anywhere that stocks 18" rotas with an offset of anything more aggressive than et30, I'm fairly sure 8.5 fronts and 9.5 rears would look pretty weak with that offset?

I really don't fancy having to buy spacers on new wheels, seems a bit daft. Any ideas?

Edit... Ok I'm an idiot, just realised they do better offsets but only on the 9.5 et12 et20 et25. I guess I could just get the 9.5 on the front and rear.

I just want the wheels to fill the arches really well, which above offset would be the most suitable?

Edited by nowhereboy

Ok one last question and I'll leave everyone alone :teeth: .....

How about 8.5 et20 front and 9.5 et20 on the rear in 18's obviously, would that be reasonable without spacers?

Also will my stock 225/45 and 245/45 tyres fit?

CS, I can't purchase these with yourself unfortunately as if I decide to do this I'll be paying half as a deposit and half on finance with driftworks. I'll still be in touch at the end of the month about the cobra exhaust tho :)

Too much zeditus and not enough money :lol:

• Like 1

Tyres will fit no probs on they rims.

My wheels, (while not rotas) are et20 8.75 front and et20 9.75 rear with standard tyre sizing.

You'd be hard pushed to notice the difference in arch filling between the extra .25 in rim width that mine have.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

How about 8.5 et20 front and 9.5 et20 on the rear in 18's obviously, would that be reasonable without spacers?

CS, I can't purchase these with yourself unfortunately as if I decide to do this I'll be paying half as a deposit and half on finance with driftworks. I'll still be in touch at the end of the month about the cobra exhaust tho :)

It's still going to look close to standard at that size. If you want to fill the arches with out spacers, you need wider wheels. As people have said 9.5 and 10.5

It's still going to look close to standard at that size. If you want to fill the arches with out spacers, you need wider wheels. As people have said 9.5 and 10.5

This ^^

If you want to fill the arches just go with wider wheels to begin with. May cost a bit more but spacers aren't exactly cheap anyway!

I messaged driftworks last night and they have replied saying 9.5 et30 all round will fit the arches nicely and my current tyres will fit (with a stretch on the front). Would you agree with this?

Nowhere does a 10.5 in the 18, they only seem to go up to a 10.

WIll my 245/45 rear tyre stretch over a 10j wheel? If so then I guess I'd be better going 9.5 front and 10 on the rear, if this is possible what offset would you recommend on the rears ?

Honestly I really am sorry for the stupid question but I'm still learning so bear with me :lol:

I messaged driftworks last night and they have replied saying 9.5 et30 all round will fit the arches nicely and my current tyres will fit (with a stretch on the front). Would you agree with this?

WIll my 245/45 rear tyre stretch over a 10j wheel? If so then I guess I'd be better going 9.5 front and 10 on the rear, if this is possible what offset would you recommend on the rears ?

Honestly I really am sorry for the stupid question but I'm still learning so bear with me :lol:

If you got 9.5J ET30 all round I think you'd maybe want a spacer on the rear, so getting 10J rears would look best. What offset do the 10J's come in?

Tyres should still fit with a stretch, I plan on stretching my current tyres on my new rims.

If you got 9.5J ET30 all round I think you'd maybe want a spacer on the rear, so getting 10J rears would look best. What offset do the 10J's come in?

Tyres should still fit with a stretch, I plan on stretching my current tyres on my new rims.

Awesome, I'm getting somewhere now haha!

The offsets on the 10j's are et15 et20 and et35

Awesome, I'm getting somewhere now haha!

The offsets on the 10j's are et15 et20 and et35

Personally I'd go ET15 on the back then, if not ET20

Fronts 9.5" ET 15 or 20 and the rears 10" ET 15 that will be much better than 9.5" all round and you will get away with your current tyres but rears will be quite stretched. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Fronts 9.5" ET 15 or 20 and the rears 10" ET 15 that will be much better than 9.5" all round and you will get away with your current tyres but rears will be quite stretched. Hope this helps.

Yes it helps a load thanks! After several e-mail back and forth to driftworks thats basically what they said to.

Ok so now all I've got to do is work out what colour I want and wait until payday! My Z is in silver.

I have narrowed it down to either flat bronze, flat black, gunmetal or white (not sure if I have the balls) haha.

Should be a decent set up there. Which wheels are you going for?

Rota grid drifts...

I know everyone runs them but I think they look awesome :D

Will be a huge improvement over the touring wheels.

Edited by nowhereboy
  • Like 1

Should be a decent set up there. Which wheels are you going for?

Rota grid drifts...

I know everyone runs them but I think they look awesome :D

Will be a huge improvement over the touring wheels.

Just IMO, rotas drifts do tend to look smaller than other alloys like for like - think it has to do with spoke design.

Might be worth considering - you dont want to spend all your hard earned and find the wheel "look" to small - esp with darker colours.

Edited by aidan

Also just be warned that the matt bronze actually looks like matt black unless in direct strong sunlight. I bought the matt bronze and was greatly disappointed as I was expecting proper gold bronze colour.