Cannot disarm immobilizer!!

jamess115

Can anyone on here (with experience of this problem) shed any light on how much its gonna cost me to buy a new immobilizer fob from a stealer? I have checked fuses, cleaned contacts etc but the immobilizer won't disengage. I've got the code on a sliver tag so hopefully its just a case of purchasing and programming the fob. - For anyone that's had this problem, make my day and tell me its £50+... Thanks in advance

Have you changed the fob battery? (or is it a proximity one?)

Is it an aftermarket system or is it part of your key?

More info you give the better.

This is a proximity fob that came with the car when it was imported. It is entirely separate from the door key; There is no battery. I believe it is a Cobra system that came as standard.

i think that's a after market alarm then I don't know for so sure so don't quote me on that as it's an import model and i don't know what standard alarm they use over there on a zed but if it is an after market alarm there must be a battery of some sort in the fob. Can you post up a picture of the fob or whatever you use to unlock/disarm it, that will be a big help to us and to you.

I think one of my mr2's i had, had a cobra alarm i'll have a look see if i can find an old hand book on the alarm if i still have it tucked away oops :D

Edited by japcarsbrett

basically the conections inside have come loose, they are rather weak, so you will just have to solder them up

all that the fob does is complete a connection with a radio code that is coded

so pull the top off your fob, best get something thin to jimmy it open with

DSC_02361_zps988a9be2.jpg

youll see this, a broken connection

DSC_02371_zps60bd3089.jpg

solder it up ftw!

m8 thanks so much for the pics. I opened up the fob as you suggested and guess what? post-21929-0-02026000-1399626410_thumb.jpg Soldered and fixed it. What a rubbish design. Short of emailing Nissan Japan, any idea on how I can get a duplicate (have immobilizer code) when this one inevitably breaks again? Nissan UK doesn't stock this fob.

Edited by jamess115