Key slot

Brayster

Am I going nuts or does the key slot have a light? Mine isn't lighting up anymore but I could have sworn it used to...

Googled it can't see anyone else has had the same issue?.. In uk,or abroad but sure what u'd call it ... Has anyone heard of this?,

The HR has this addition added to it... :)

Sorry I'm not following, does that mean yeh or nah. .....mine should light up. 😊

As a side point ... I'm now in leicester tomorrow am and was thinking of popping to CS to get you opinion on my clutch and if the noise it makes is normal and also to look at a cobra exhaust ..... would you have them in stock or do you order them in..

Andy

370 or 350 ?

this is in the 370 section

Yep I have a 59 plate 370z with the "intelligent key" just tried to start in in the dark garage and couldn't find the key slot anywhere and could have sworn it used to light up.(. When I don't put the key in the slot sometimes I get a no key warning.. )

Just had to go and check on mine as I`ve never used the key slot so never taken notice of it but no there is no light around the slot.

Ok thx very much appreciate it... Strange as at night it's hard find find the hole! 😀

• Like 1

Just had to go and check on mine as I`ve never used the key slot so never taken notice of it but no there is no light around the slot.

Ok thx very much appreciate it... Strange as at night it's hard find find the hole! ������

But why do you need to? It's an intelligent key, if you're talking 370.

Ok thx very much appreciate it... Strange as at night it's hard find find the hole! ������

Never used the key slot in all the 4+ years I have had the 370 but as it is an open slot I can say I have never seen a light there.

Maybe thinking of the latest 350's have the circular light around where the (non-intelligent key :p ) has to go? :lol:

I always use the slot! Otherwise its just in your pocket or rattling around in a cup holder.

On a side note....its so nice to have a decent key now. The 50 key was the same as the Note. Not cool for pub nights!

The slot does have a light but only if your key isn't registering ie when the battery runs out - found this out yesterday :)

There is a small orange light at the bottom of the slot just inside.

The slot does have a light but only if your key isn't registering ie when the battery runs out - found this out yesterday :)

There is a small orange light at the bottom of the slot just inside.

Thanks that must have been when I saw it... My battery ran out when I got the car!

My car sometimes gives me the no key warning when driving and I have an electric gate at work and it's easier if I know where the key is each time to operate it and not in my pocket etc...

My car sometimes gives me the no key warning when driving and I have an electric gate at work and it's easier if I know where the key is each time to operate it and not in my pocket etc...

Another bit of a side note, but if your electric gate opener is on the car's key fob it could be interfering with the key signal, which might explain the "no key" warning.

• 1 month later...