What to use to clean between coats

wizurd

Hi.

Just a quick question. What cleaning solution should I be using after sanding back the primer, top coat and clear coats levels?

I've got paint wipes from halfords but they aren't cheap. Is there a better substance I could use. Something with a high alcohol content I'm guessing?

Cheers all :)

My brother uses stuff called panel wipe when painting the helmets, did have some in the garage, went to see what was in it and he has come and stolen it lol I used it on the car before I clayed it to get rid of all the wax and stuff, will take all contaminates of the paint but won't harm the paint. He said " lightly wet sand the primer then dry it then panel wipe it then tack rag it lightly and then apply top coat, tack rag is a cloth called tack rag

Edited by Carrie-B1

Really? Won't that screw the paint between coats though? I was trying to figure out what paint shops use between coats to get rid of the sanding dust but no joy.

Panel wipe most paint shops use, as above and recommended by ed china ;)

Really? Won't that screw the paint between coats though? I was trying to figure out what paint shops use between coats to get rid of the sanding dust but no joy.

Lol so ed China said all good to use meth spirits? If so that's good enough for me lol

Lol so ed China said all good to use meth spirits? If so that's good enough for me lol

No meths, panel wipe to clean, prep for spraying

Ed says petrol and match to prep mike brewer

:thumbs:

Lol. Think I'm just over tired here sorry

so panel wipe is the best thing to use not meths?

Panel wipes is what the pro's use mate, nearly all body shops use this :thumbs:

Can't comment on meths

Edited by GIXXERUK