MattBrom's Project - Black 350z

mattbrom

Looks great love those wheels.

Just bought myself a black 350 as well but my paintwork isn't as nice as yours and has loads of swirls :( has it been resprayed?

Yeah they're a bugga to remove swirls I just got a machine buffer on mine and came up mint! But the problem with black is it get dirty very quickly!

Very nice! :) Those wheels look so much better, love the concave of them. The disks look pretty sweet too being black

Cheers Man! The black coating has come off now after bedding them :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looks great love those wheels.

Just bought myself a black 350 as well but my paintwork isn't as nice as yours and has loads of swirls :( has it been resprayed?

No I just got a buffer wheel on it and it got most of the swirls out but they're a bugga being black and keeping clean! :)

Lovely looking Zed! Best colour! Mine stays looking good with the right products and cloths and loads of elbow grease tho😎 personally not a fan of black wheels plan to get rays sometime soon but love the sound of your exhaust!!! Have noted it for future ref so thanks for the vid😊3a74d822f83b689f3d8cdb49582401a7.jpg

@mattbrom if you don't mind what buffer/products did you use and the process cheers.

I think I used normal t cut then auto glym (the special one for dark colours) both with buffer and remember to use water when using buffer as you don't want to burn the paint. Then I used dodo juice pre wax then a normal carnauba wax :) hope this helps

• 4 weeks later...

Just had a parcel come through! It's my decats! :D now they're the 'cheap ebay' ones but I thought i'll give them a try! I'm not going to mess around with putting these on because I haven't got the proper tools nor do I have patience to mess around with the catalytic bolts which look welded on! So it's going in to my mechanic friend on Wednesday 5c5526bc380c251875a997062dfcc26d.jpg

• Like 4

Just had a parcel come through! It's my decats! :D now they're the 'cheap ebay' ones but I thought i'll give them a try! I'm not going to mess around with putting these on because I haven't got the proper tools nor do I have patience to mess around with the catalytic bolts which look welded on! So it's going in to my mechanic friend on Wednesday 5c5526bc380c251875a997062dfcc26d.jpg

Look nice! If your cats are anything like mine they'll be a PITA to get off, had to use the angle grinder on mine and then get new o2 sensors because I couldn't get them out. Good luck. Well worth it though :yahoo:

The De-Cats do look good Matt. B)

Just fyi they may cause the EML to come on after fitting. Sometimes spacers on the 02 sensors can stop this happening & an UpRev (remap) definitely will.

Believe you can get the 02 spacers from Clark Motorsport ~ they're usually only cheap, maybe £15 est. ;)

Edited by GMballistic
  • Like 1

Cheers for the info mate! i'll order some of them today! I'm getting all my mods done first like decats, velocity stack and spacer then going to get my uprev done :D

Good plan. ;)

Clark Motorsport I know definitely used to sell the spacers so try sending Ewen a PM to see if he has any. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/207-clark-motorsport/

More info here about the spacers, link: http://www.z1motorsports.com/350_g35/product_info.php?products_id=3736

:thumbs:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I've had my decats fitted by mechanic he said he couldn't get the original O2 sensors out of the cats due to them being rusted in. So he didn't bother with them but now I've got an EML light on. They're proper loud! I love it! Nice rasp to them! The car feels more responsive and revs so much easier! The only this is im getting a noise from the Y-Pipe when the revs drop from 2300rpm to 1800rpm really annoying so I think i'll get a new Japspeed y pipe in a couple of weeks :) I have just done a quick video of them in my garage.https://vimeo.com/109333839

• Like 2

So I've had my decats fitted by mechanic he said he couldn't get the original O2 sensors out of the cats due to them being rusted in. So he didn't bother with them but now I've got an EML light on. They're proper loud! I love it! Nice rasp to them! The car feels more responsive and revs so much easier! The only this is im getting a noise from the Y-Pipe when the revs drop from 2300rpm to 1800rpm really annoying so I think i'll get a new Japspeed y pipe in a couple of weeks :) I have just done a quick video of them in my garage.https://vimeo.com/109333839

Do you get a hissing and farting noise when the revs drop? That's what I get. Don't know whether getting a new Y-Pipe would fix it?

Do you get a hissing and farting noise when the revs drop? That's what I get. Don't know whether getting a new Y-Pipe would fix it?

Yeah that's exactly it! I thought at first it was the heatshield around the y pipe so I took that off but no luck. So I thought it could be those wire flexi bits on the y pipe? I don't know