Is it all worth it!

Dicky

Thought I'd share one of the shitty little tricks life plays on you from time to time.

I posted a few days ago how I was dumping main dealer servicing and doing it myself to save money.

Well I got off to a great start by doing more than the work required on the P2 and feeling very pleased with myself that I'd saved the £230 or so quoted by the stealer. "Thinks" ....Now what should I buy with my savings

I had hardly begun to think when a couple of days later the lawn mower motor started sending smoke signals to the neighbours, so now I'm now spending £130 to replace it.

Next day the exhaust on the wife's Zafira decided to fall off without warning so replaced it, another £150ish gone. While underneath noticed a water leak from the water pump and what looked like a slight oil leak from the sump gasket. To big a job so put it into the local garage who fitted new water pump timing chain and pulley kit (might as well seeing as how it was next to the water pump) and re-sealed the sump, so another £360 left the nest.

Got it home and the following morning noticed the oil leak still there, so took it back and the leak is actually coming from the crank bearing, so the gearbox has to come out and you've guessed it, might as well do the clutch at the same time so now facing another £500 or so bill.

Somebody up there better stop shitting on me (excuse the venom but what's going on)

Oh, yes and the house and Z insurances are due as well as my daughters term uni fees another £3K.

Help I'm sinking fast here!

Please send all donations to.......... Ha ha ...you've got to laugh

• Like 2

Don't worry its obviously personal, every Sunday a gang of us have a few beers in the evening and put the world to right, it takes us about 4 hours and a load of the beers. Then on Monday morning we get up and find somebody overnight has gone and screwed it up (that's the clean version) I think the same man has visited you. One day we'll get him.

Don't worry its obviously personal, every Sunday a gang of us have a few beers in the evening and put the world to right, it takes us about 4 hours and a load of the beers. Then on Monday morning we get up and find somebody overnight has gone and screwed it up (that's the clean version) I think the same man has visited you. One day we'll get him.

Well if this bloke dares to show his face he'll get a good slap from me. Gulp....so long as he's not to big of course otherwise I set the wife on him!

Always happens mate. I spent about £1500 on my Ducati 996 on servicing & parts last year (thats with me doing all the work myself). This year I decide to upgrade brakes to a better version of the brembo`s which are standard on it... thats £250, then out for a ride last week and the clutch decides to sh!t itself. So thats now another £300 on clutch bits. At this rate the bikes going to end up costing me as much as the purchase price.

Last month I had the road tax on my bmw 123d (£130), plus new set of tyres (£750)... there always seems something.