Intreior Dome light

Mike k-g

Anyone had this also.. just change my interior dome light to leds.

the leds are still slightly showing on after dimmed.

Thanks

Just answered the exact same question this evening for Lacky in his build thread. Rather then right it out again I've been lazy & cut/pasted it. :lol:

With regards to the interior LED's staying on ~ It's because all LED's have a lower resistance than the original bulbs they replace. There is a small amount of current that flows through the interior light unit but with the original bulbs it is not enough to light them as their resistance is higher. With the LED's having less resistance it dimly lights them up all the time but is nothing to worry about and will not drain any power from the battery.

:D ;)

Yep, measured it for a member before that bought some bulbs off of me. Even when the light is "off" I think theres something like 1.5v still running through the bulb, its just that a regular filament bulb wont illuminate with this, an LED being more efficient will.

EDIT: found my original post explaining it http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/76521-350z-370z-led-bulb-kits/page__view__findpost__p__1236064

Edited by cs2000