Japspeed K1 exhaust system!

parello9

When i bought the car this exhaust was the only mod, have now since got a new one built up :)

Had the garage take this off my car today for my new exhaust

Comes with bungs too! which i think sounds better with them in :D

May need a flange on the end center pipe though which any garage can easily do!

Had no issues with it on my car but just wanted a change :D

I regularly polished the backboxes along with the middle pipe B) so comes up very clean where you can see it :blush:

CEE3873C-4489-443D-BBCF-F3461E7378DD_zps60qvmu6t.jpg

1597301E-4536-4BBB-8D7C-3433E4959F7B_zpsgidbtui2.jpg

C386052C-4E04-4729-B5A9-EF576C45EF7E_zpssluvabon.jpg

A9F0DC5D-19A3-4C78-9A6B-689F833D9030_zps9lsm6tvs.jpg

CAC39DF4-279C-405C-93DA-55CB2E87571A_zps7l7ox4bq.jpg

1FD6F6B8-2091-44F1-8AC2-F5369E565776_zpsgd6mn6am.jpg

84067391-0C22-4079-839E-7971B45C9810_zpsfr3mxwzg.jpg

Sold as seen

£150 collected from Bedfordshire :teeth:

Is this pipe louder than a standard pipe if so by much

It's not stupid loud but has a very nice tone to it.. Better than OEM by far and actually i really liked the sound!

I had a K1 on my roadster and it was so loud my ears used to ring after a ride out. Had the bonus that my missus would refuse to get in the car as it made her ears hurt. That was with the baffles in. I darent take them out as if i remember correctly it was recording over 100db inside the car on a sound meter.

However, mine was a roadster, so im guessing it was the lack of sound deadening in the roof etc which made the exhaust sound so loud.

Well this isn't that loud with bungs in.. its a nice sound and gets compliments when ever someone hears it first time, so maybe that was just the guys cars

It might have been that the standard japspeed bungs in my K1 were knackered, but i never took them out to see if it got any louder with them out. TBH Personally I quite liked the noise, especially when I was out for a "spirited" drive, or going through tunnels, certainly got attention. Problem for me was that I used the car for my 80mile daily commute and at 70mph it droned like mad which meant I had to normally cruise at 80mph for it to be a bit more bearable.

Still, for the money they are a nice cheap exhaust system.

okay this is no longer for sale right now, as its going back on my car with it welded back up as i prefer this to my new exhaust.

Its explained properly in my progress blog see link

http://www.350z-uk.c...50#entry1264650

It will be back up for sale when its off the car again real soon and will be direct bolt on again :D so no faffing around

Edited by parello9

Stevo D, my exhaust has corroded where it connects backbox to mid section mine is 2009 hr model the picture you posted of pipe with 2 clamps could solve my problem for now until I get enough to change whole system, when can I get one and would it go on my model, help much appreciated. Gavin