Buying a 350Z

adz556

Afternoon,

Misses and I have just got back from testing our first 350Z and would like some advice really.

The girlfriend drove it as it'll be her car and had a fewer issues (she isn't a typical gf driver, currently in a cupra r leon). She found selecting gears an issue, especially 2nd. The exhaust had a very loud rattle and the pick up didn't seem aggressive.

I know these cars do not hold their value and are really sought after for being poor and the car we saw wasn't great but just thought I'd ask for some advice on what to look out for, is the above common, etc

Thanks! Adam

Afternoon,

Misses and I have just got back from testing our first 350Z and would like some advice really.

The girlfriend drove it as it'll be her car and had a fewer issues (she isn't a typical gf driver, currently in a cupra r leon). She found selecting gears an issue, especially 2nd. The exhaust had a very loud rattle and the pick up didn't seem aggressive.

I know these cars do not hold their value and are really sought after for being poor and the car we saw wasn't great but just thought I'd ask for some advice on what to look out for, is the above common, etc

Thanks! Adam

Welcome aboard Adam firstly. :welcome:

Selecting second gear from first as mentioned is a common issue but gets better once the car/box is nicely warmed up ~ also a gearbox oil change with some added moly slip additive can ease this a little I found.

As for the power, well can't really say for sure about the one you drove but the 350 is a deceptively quick car. It has great low down torque and is an N/a so it won't shove you back in your seat like a turbo car might but still gets up to speed quickly.

Don't get what you're on about though with not holding their value? ..and are sought after for being poor?!! :shrug:

I mean 350's are obviously getting cheaper nowadays and are great bargains for what you get for the cash but imo are still relatively expensive cars. Lot's of similarly aged performance motors and newer motors that can be had for a lot less cash than a 350?! maybe that's just my stand point. :glare:

• Like 2

I hope I like them.

I'm buying one before I've drove one.

I driven a 2.5 z4 which was ok and boxster s pdk which was unbelievably good.

I'm hoping the the z won't disappoint.