Removing rear strut cover

chirag1988

Thanks guys I didn't wanna do another botch job like when I snapped my passenger side switch panel. Funny thing is I've got a spare now but just haven't been arsed to fit it lol.

Btw I'm looking at spraying the rear strut orange (same as engine bay) and plastidip the Z in black. Also if I can manage it, the 3 square dimples on either side in black plastidip if it's not too much of a mission!

GMballistic ha ha u were faster :)

:lol:

Powered by Carling Premier currently. :drunk:;)

haha don't drink too much u need to :drive1 to Ace Cafe

sorry just checked the list I thought I saw ur name there lol ur safe then u can carry on drinking :lol:

Wish I was going to the Ace Cafe for the meet. Bit far for me though unfortunately. :byebye:

Switched to caffeine now as I need a power boost. :surrender: Only had one can. :lol:

Thanks guys I didn't wanna do another botch job like when I snapped my passenger side switch panel. Funny thing is I've got a spare now but just haven't been arsed to fit it lol.

Btw I'm looking at spraying the rear strut orange (same as engine bay) and plastidip the Z in black. Also if I can manage it, the 3 square dimples on either side in black plastidip if it's not too much of a mission!

One thing chirag ~ remember whatever colour you paint the rear strut bar you will more than likely see it reflected in your rear window. Could be distracting in bright orange. Just fyi. ;)

I've got a carbon fibre cover on mine so all I see is a silver Z reflected in the rear window which is pretty cool even if I do say so myself. :lol::D

One thing chirag ~ remember whatever colour you paint the rear strut bar you will more than likely see it reflected in your rear window. Could be distracting in bright orange. Just fyi. ;)

I've got a carbon fibre cover on mine so all I see is a silver Z reflected in the rear window which is pretty cool even if I do say so myself. :lol::D

Good shout mate - I think clockwize done his in red so I'll drop him a PM to see how he finds it when driving - unless he picks up on this thread before I message him lol.

I just keep thinking of what I can do bright orange next :lol:

Good shout mate - I think clockwize done his in red so I'll drop him a PM to see how he finds it when driving - unless he picks up on this thread before I message him lol.

Wheels?! :dry::D

Don't tempt me :lol:

Wheels?! :dry::D

Don't tempt me :lol:

Could be a bit F&F looking I'll grant you that but some Zeds can pull it off. B):lol:

OrangeTE_front3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to remove the rear strut brace cover to paint it but I want to leave the Z in silver as it is. Is it easy to remove the rear strut brace cover as I've heard people having trouble and damaging the Z when trying to take it off?

I just masked up my Z badge then sprayed. Good finish and no probs!

marusu9y.jpg

Will that rear strut be strong enough to attach the eye bolts for a harness?

Couldn't tell u mate, sorry....

No probs mate. Just trying to find somewhere to attach harnesses with out a roll cage lol

I was told yes, but I just got long harnesses and wrapped round the bar with no plastic on it.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Will that rear strut be strong enough to attach the eye bolts for a harness?

Couldn't tell u mate, sorry....

No probs mate. Just trying to find somewhere to attach harnesses with out a roll cage lol

I was told yes, but I just got long harnesses and wrapped round the bar with no plastic on it.

Oh right ok mate. Don't suppose you have any pics of it?