Electrical problems - Advice needed

jamess115

Hi people, I have spent many weeks now trying to diagnose the following faults with my JDM fairladyZ.

1. Reverse dipping mirrors do not operate

2. Corner sensors do not operate

I recently had an experienced auto electrician look at the faults with no success. Regarding the mirrors, his advice was to first establish whether the ‘auto’ button underneath and to the right of the steering column is for the mirrors. (This has been suggested by other members)

In regards to the corner sensors he said a wiring diagram is needed and cannot determine if there is power to the module. According to the set-up, he believes that these are original Nissan features.

On the advice of Nissan UK, I contacted Nissan Japan but awaiting response. I am at the point now where I am getting tired of pouring in money to fault find these issues but resigning myself to paying Nissan dealer £75 diagnosis fee before they even fix anything. Does anyone out there have any other suggestions?

there is a button on lower dash that sometimes gets knocked by your knee this ables/disables the dipping mirrors trying pressing it then stick it in reverse, also ive never heard of corner sensors? also if you dont have a check engine light on i doubt (maybe wrong) that a code will come up so would be £75 wasted

Edited by jumping350

Thanks boys. To answer your questions. Yes, I need the features. If they are on the car as genuine parts, naturally I want them working. Secondly, I have tried the auto button you describe for the mirrors. It does not work in all configurations. NB. The Corner Sensors are Corner Sensors but Parking Sensors if you prefer :)

Edited by jamess115

I have had all the fuses out and the pattern matches as per the Fuse diagram so t'aint that as regards my tilt mirrors

. Might bite the bullet and let a local sparks have a look

Mudman - How do you know yours actually has the reverse tilt mirror feature? This is a dilemma I am facing. The sparky that looked that mine told me I would need to establish from Nissan Japan whether my car is so equipped. People on here have said that if there is a small 'auto' button under the steering column, it has this feature as it is a cut-out button. The problem is that this might just be heresay unless anyone can prove otherwise ..

• 1 month later...

I was under the impression the reverse tilt mirrors were standard - still not working after fuse pulls - one other thing as regards revering lights - I have one lit should both sides work then ? as that may be linked