Cobra exhaust - fitted!

hype

So I've only managed a month of zed ownership on the stock system. I popped in to see Mick at Cougar Store yesterday and had the full Cobra system fitted - what a difference it makes, worth every penny. Sounds absolutely brilliant on start-up and on when hammering it, but cruising along at 80-90 in 6th you wouldn't really know you weren't on an OEM system - there's no drone at all. And my god it brings the synchrorev to life, slipping it down into second is now a joy, I'll never tire of the noise. Huge thanks to Mick @ Cougar who made the whole process a piece of cake - and thanks to forum member naz2k5 for helping me make the decision :thumbs:

Here's some pics (first couple borrowed from Cougar Store). I'll try to sort some audio clips too...

10255897_612792622142714_6047454117828614499_o_zps9bfb4025.jpg

1898753_612906922131284_8715967876548400741_o_zps6c751fda.jpg

20140410_171603_zps137a16d2.jpg

20140410_170202_HDR_zps7309cbf9.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Found this but it's not a very good quality video sound wise. I suspect the system sounds a lot better 'in the flesh'. From my own experiences of other exhausts it doesn't sound like an overly loud system (which is a good thing).

• Like 1

I've got before and after start-up clips on my phone - I'll try to join them together and post them today. Not going to be the best quality unfortunately but watch this space...

I honestly can't rate the sound highly enough. It's loud, but not too loud - certainly enough to turn heads when starting up at the petrol station - but not so much that everyone's turning their heads to see who's coming from a mile off. And like I said, when you're just cruising along at 80 or 90 on the motorway there's no drone at all, just a deeper warble than stock.

Edited by hype
  • Like 1

Found this but it's not a very good quality video sound wise. I suspect the system sounds a lot better 'in the flesh'. From my own experiences of other exhausts it doesn't sound like an overly loud system (which is a good thing).

Can I detect a bit of a "hiss" on that video? Any chance that car also has their HFCs fitted? Sounds pretty good to me in any case.

Couldn't agree more on the volume; I just want something that sounds a bit more like a sports car. At the moment I have all the alluring sound of a Ford Transit without the added benefit of practicality....

Edited by alroma

They're 5" slash cut. Go big or go home :teeth:

Here's the sound clip as promised - you'll need headphones and the volume turned up...

Sounds awesome through my speakers at any rate - lovely deep growl!

I prefer the roll-tips, which only seem to come in 5" diameter. I did wonder if they'd look a bit too big, but I have to say your car wears them well! Also like the fact they don't stick out too much from the bumper, unlike some others I've seen.

They are huge - but if you can't have massive pipes on the back of a fast Nissan then when can you! :D

And yes, I was very keen on them not sticking out too far and so am very happy - a bit of a pet hate of mine.

• Like 1