Gel Resin Number Plates

judiciousjoe

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/222575/dg_067666.pdf

That's the legal guidelines, so follow that and you'll be fine.

I would say that no, they're not road legal because the document states that the characters must be black (bottom of page 8). By definition, the carbon effect characters are black AND grey due to the 'weave', so they would not be road legal.

Would you ever get picked up on it? Highly unlikely. Could they? Yes, they could. Your call on the risks.

https://www.gov.uk/g...5/dg_067666.pdf

That's the legal guidelines, so follow that and you'll be fine.

I would say that no, they're not road legal because the document states that the characters must be black (bottom of page 8). By definition, the carbon effect characters are black AND grey due to the 'weave', so they would not be road legal.

Would you ever get picked up on it? Highly unlikely. Could they? Yes, they could. Your call on the risks.

Dont think I'd risk it unless fines etc didnt bother me.

to be honest that sort of mod looks tacky and the sort of thing that would be seen on a old impreza with rally graphics and a dump valve racing up and down southend seafront all day with its stereo blasting out

the sort of car this bloke drives

F7F49523F41025474122819489792_19db44f307e.4.5.5042381649826757326.mp4_0cTjRl58xUBsQj.ZP.Jzt7il3n6gsRpMH_7vfDDU5JxyISreoZ_21tVy68y2TUlj.jpg?versionId=Q8Y495KoZLkWtmjS42NyjUqm5L_iBAR7