New toy: go pro hero 3+ black edition

Will370z

1080-30, med angle for 99% of what I film. Occasionally I'll go up to wide angle for effect, but that's it. Spot meter usage where required. I don't bother with Protune as I don't have the software to take full advantage of it.

60fps looks cool, but you lose that when you upload to YT so I don't bother too much with it. Uses a hell of a lot of space, too!

• 3 months later...

Just about to pull the trigger on GoPro but I see loads of footage with pronounced barrel distortion. I know you can deal with it in post production, but can you avoid it by some setting when you actually shoot?

Depends on the setting you use. Narrow has none, medium has a bit, wide has some.

Nothing you can do about it, it's the same with every wide angle lens ever. Some like the look and in certain shots it works well, others hate it and stick firmly with the narrow view. Since I produce footage for my own personal interest (for both memories as well as analysing my driving), it's not something that would ever bother me and I just pick the setting that suits what I'm aiming for, downsides and all.

Depends on the setting you use. Narrow has none, medium has a bit, wide has some.

Nothing you can do about it, it's the same with every wide angle lens ever. Some like the look and in certain shots it works well, others hate it and stick firmly with the narrow view. Since I produce footage for my own personal interest (for both memories as well as analysing my driving), it's not something that would ever bother me and I just pick the setting that suits what I'm aiming for, downsides and all.

Oooh, sweet, I can choose. Thanks Dan.

No probs, now go spend the cash, they're ace! :thumbs:

I was just about to pull the trigger on the GoPro site but they're about £90 cheaper at Currys, so I'll go old skool and visit an actual shop tomorrow. Feel like a caveman...